Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabin fever!!!!

Cabin fever!!!!

Have to vent (and it's too damn cold out to yell out the door).
    Been "laid up" post lumbar surgery since mid October. Recovering nicely but at the same time having to scrounge up a new job.
    Forbidden to leave the house because NJ is iced over and still at sub zero temps.
    Trying to fill up the time by taking a course in "full stack development" thru FreeCodeCamp - at least I'm learning what a lot of those
    buzz words in the job listings mean if nothing else.
    Things are set to thaw out in a couple of days - but in the meantime - aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I'm with you in spirit, Pal!
    My wife is gone for ten days and I'm on the loose.........when it's a little cold to galavant much!
    The furnace in the garage is running and running because the furnace bozo replaced the old mercury switched thermostat that I had rotated so it didn't come one until ~33*F.
    Now it's trying to maintain something north of 45*! So I found a 35* thermostat on Amazon. WTF! Its for use in GARAGES! And it will be in my mailbox tomorrow.
    Only problem? Can't get through the snow-pile to get to it!
    I'm thinking long handled cultivator might retrieve it.
    I'll keep ya posted.
    Where in NJ are you? I'm a mile off rt 206 in Flanders
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Feeling it here in Virginia also. And weary of it. These old southern houses (1950) aren't built for this weather. It has been especially cold because of the wind mostly at night. I did wrap my outside pipes before cold snap and dripping faucets at night. We are due to get above freezing for the first time in days , tomorrow... by Thursday 65. Feeling i can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Hang in there.

Freehold Boro - just off Route 9 near the racetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    Feeling it here in Virginia also. And weary of it. These old southern houses (1950) aren't built for this weather. It has been especially cold because of the wind mostly at night. I did wrap my outside pipes before cold snap and dripping faucets at night. We are due to get above freezing for the first time in days , tomorrow... by Thursday 65. Feeling i can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Hang in there.
    I was in touch with my brother near Tampa yesterday (38 degrees). At least up here in the north, cold weather is factored into our lives and our architecture.
    Relatively speaking, you guys are really getting hit hard this winter.

Try to stay warm.

Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post

Hang in there.
    I have too many broken bones for this cold weather. I hunted three afternoons this week, the last week of the season here in VA, and damn near froze. I was out in it Sat. afternoon for 3 hours, 19 degrees with 25 mph gusts, 10-15 steady winds. So looking forward to this upcoming week.

Garvey, I have enough work to do that I can stay busy inside but my lab, Ammo, is going stir-crazy like you.

FROZEN, the new F word!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Cold? It's a heat wave here. 31F right now! Gotta say, nice change of pace from the 10F leaving then 0F getting home of the last 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I have too many broken bones for this cold weather. I hunted three afternoons this week, the last week of the season here in VA, and damn near froze. I was out in it Sat. afternoon for 3 hours, 19 degrees with 25 mph gusts, 10-15 steady winds. So looking forward to this upcoming week.

Garvey, I have enough work to do that I can stay busy inside but my lab, Ammo, is going stir-crazy like you.

FROZEN, the new F word!
    You compare me to dog???!!!
    I am deeply flattered.

Blog Entries
    It could be worse. Try combining this weather with being a Browns fan.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/perfect...ry?id=52182194
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    You compare me to dog???!!!
    I am deeply flattered.
    Take it as a compliment. He's a lot smarter than most people

Heat wave is coming this week!!!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein