Thread: Roll Easy slide board

Roll Easy slide board

I did a search here on curecare but I was not able to find out anything about the Roll Easy transfer board. The board is made of numerous round wooden balls that are suppose to roll as you go up or down the board. I am looking for a better board to go from my shower chair to my wheel chair so if any of you have a recommendation let me know

Thanks

Nevada

You can do this with your current slide board if you 1) dry yourself as much as possible on the shower chair, and then 2) place a dry towel between you and the slide board when transferring to your chair. This lets the towel slide instead of your moist skin sticking to the board. One of my clients does this with a disposable chux too, putting the plastic side to their skin and the cellulose side on the board.

I guess you are looking at this one? https://www.4mdmedical.com/sammons-p...-page-product1

$288.00!!!!!

or this one? https://www.4mdmedical.com/sammons-preston-scooter-transfer-board.html?___store=default&nosto=nosto-page-product1

$175.00!!

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-05-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada View Post
    I did a search here on curecare but I was not able to find out anything about the Roll Easy transfer board. The board is made of numerous round wooden balls that are suppose to roll as you go up or down the board. I am looking for a better board to go from my shower chair to my wheel chair so if any of you have a recommendation let me know

Thanks

Nevada
    i'd be paranoid about a skin pinch. let us know how u like it. I'm always looking fir a better transfer board especially if trying to slide if we leaked or something.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I'd be worried about a spasm firing and loosing balance on those balls.