Thread: Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta

I'm going to P.V. in late Feb. Check out this link.
    http://visit-vallarta.com/essentials...lity-vallarta/
    I'll write an update in March.

You also might want to check out this company. They used to have a wheelchair lift tranportation program, but apparently that has moved to Cancun. They do have accessible accommodations and rent equipment though: http://accesiblemexico.com/?lang=en

This company rents beach wheelchairs and scooters, but apparently they also have van-with-lift hires as well: https://www.beachcrossers.com

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I recently got back from 2 weeks in Puerto Vallarta and here is a review of the Malecon and downtown.
    The Malecon runs north / south for approx. 11 blocks with the Pacific Ocean on one side and shops, bars, restaurants on the other. Many business’s have a step or short steep ramp, but owners are more than happy to help you in.
    I started at the north by the Hotel Rosita. It is flat, fairly easy wheeling until you reach the Cuale River pedestrian bridge. The bridge was too steep for me, so I needed a boost getting over. Just before going over the bridge there is one important feature. A small public plaza is situated between the shops and in there are washrooms with an accessible stall. It costs 7 pesos’ (approx. 50 cents Canadian) to use them but it means you can have a beer or two. Also, before going over the bridge I noticed you would not be able to wheel very far in-land because the roads start going up hill about a block or two away from the Malecon.
    Once you are over the bridge the Malecon levels out again and it becomes flatter in-land too. Near the south end of the Malecon it is possible to go on the sidewalks into the part of town called the Romantic Zone. The best way to see an example of this is as follows.
    -Bring up Google maps
    -In the search box type in 350 Olas Atlas Puerto Vallarta
    -Zoom in and then drop the little “street view man” on the corner of Olas Atlas and Basillo Badillo

From here you can move around to get an idea of the side walks and curb cuts. Also, you can’t really see it, but the cobblestones have been replaced with interlocking bricks at intersections, so you can cross easily. I was quite impressed.
    There is a lot of Condo development in this area. One Condo states it will be ADA compliant. Here is the link http://avidapv.com/
    One last thing. Without even asking, WestJet Vacations arranged accessible transportation from the airport to my resort at no extra cost. The company is Timon Tours. They sent a lift equipped high roof van and it worked out great. WARNING! I just tried to check the Timon Tours website and my security software blocked me stating it had a malicious link attached. If your going to Puerto Vallarta, ask your air carrier to set you up.
    I didn’t include any pictures but there are tons of them on Google images.