Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Boxes

Ice Boxes

Probably not the right forum but it looks like nobody really uses the housing and home design one anymore. So what works best for you? I'm having a hard time deciding. I like the French door with the freezer on the bottom because the freezer is easy to get to also I can get really close to the fridge to reach stuff in the back. The problem is though I can only use a couple of the shelves since they are all up high. The side by side is alright but I have to open both doors. I don't know I pretty much just decided I like the side by side better lol. What are your thoughts.

"French door with the freezer on the bottom because the freezer is easy to get to"

I just switched from side by side to French door with freezer on bottom, and it’s much easier to access, organize and keep clean. I use the top shelves basically only for individual servings of drinks and pickles/condiments, which works for me.

You might also want to look at refrigerators in "counter depth" configuration. These are less deep (front to back), making it much easier to reach items in the back of the refrigerator.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Well whoever moved my post to this forum thanks for killing it lol

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    Well whoever moved my post to this forum thanks for killing it lol
    From what I perceive, not many moderators are active these days with the exception of the SCI nurses, and they do their best to keep things going and in order on the forum. That is unfortunate, and it may be time for the administration to re-evaluate the interest and activity of those who have the title of "moderator" and find some new ones who care about the forum. But that is another topic altogether.

That said, I think most of us look at "new posts" instead of looking at each individual forum title, so I think your original post is getting exposure, it just may be that not many have a lot to contribute to your topic. Looking at your profile, I don't see an indication of your level of injury. It may be helpful if you would share that, so that members here with similar injury levels and experience could respond to your question.
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-04-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Most of the other moderators have disappeared. There has been no interest from Dr. Young in appointing new ones to take their place. One of the duties of moderators is to be sure that posts are in the right forum, or moving them if needed. If you are not happy with the moderation provided by the SCI-Nurses, take it up with Wise or Jim.

New members may want to learn a little more about how to use our forums before posting criticism...for example, most long term members use the "New Posts" or "Activity Stream" functions to see what has been posted since they last visited, rather than scanning through all the forums. Lack of response to this particular thread likely has much more to do with a lack of interest in this topic (which has been held here numerous times before...use the Search function), than which forum in which it was posted.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Try some of these threads:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=refrigerators

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=refrigerators

If you go back further in tine there are others you will find by using the Search box located at the top, right side of each page under the Care Cure Community banner

we just did a kitchen remodel and bought this, works great for me
    http://www.lg.com/us/refrigerators/l...D-side-by-side

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    Probably not the right forum but it looks like nobody really uses the housing and home design one anymore. So what works best for you? I'm having a hard time deciding. I like the French door with the freezer on the bottom because the freezer is easy to get to also I can get really close to the fridge to reach stuff in the back. The problem is though I can only use a couple of the shelves since they are all up high. The side by side is alright but I have to open both doors. I don't know I pretty much just decided I like the side by side better lol. What are your thoughts.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I know how to use the search function. Most of anyone's questions can be answered with the search function. Which seems to be gjnl's response for everything no matter anyone's level of function haha. So why even allow new posts? I have been around here since 2005. So I'm not new to the forums by any stretch of the imagination. Honestly I only look at the equipment and the recreation forums since that's all I really care about. You guys have done a fine job of killing this place. And gjnl if you don't have anything to add other than posting old threads why even respond. I mean I get that you have a lot of free time but just stop.