Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: urocare legbag

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    I used to use Urocare leg bags and I liked them. Make sure that little red valve can open up and let urine flow through it. I used to take a pair of scissors and snip about 1/8" cut in that little red valve to make sure it would allow urine to flow through it. Otherwise it might be sealed or shut too tight and you'll be blowing condoms.
    Sounds like more than a few of us have had a problem a time or two with the "Little Red Valve" sticking together. Ti opens the valve with a Q-tip, you snip the valve and NL flexes the valve between her gloved fingers to be sure the valve is open for me. Good safety tip!

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Sounds like more than a few of us have had a problem a time or two with the "Little Red Valve" sticking together. Ti opens the valve with a Q-tip, you snip the valve and NL flexes the valve between her gloved fingers to be sure the valve is open for me. Good safety tip!
    so do you cut some off the end of the red valve or cut a slice in the valve
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    we blow in it before attaching the tube
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

If you are using an indwelling catheter, it is not recommended to remove or alter the anti-reflux valve, as this can allow urine to flow backwards from the bag up the catheter into your bladder. If you are using it with an external condom catheter, that is not an issue.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    No I don't cut the red valve.

Not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Blowing into that little red valve to open it is putting your mouth bacteria on it like streptococcus intermedius and other mouth bacteria which can develop into a UTI.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

good point but i only use them 1x and pitch with an external cath.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Blowing into that little red valve to open it is putting your mouth bacteria on it like streptococcus intermedius and other mouth bacteria which can develop into a UTI.

Ti
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    john are you wearing these under your shorts if so hows the transfers does it stay on id be using a condum cath also what size bag do you use i have the smallest one thinking of getting a bigger one do you connect it straight to the condum cath
    Last edited by wheelin 48; 08-15-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    If you are using an indwelling catheter, it is not recommended to remove or alter the anti-reflux valve, as this can allow urine to flow backwards from the bag up the catheter into your bladder. If you are using it with an external condom catheter, that is not an issue.

(KLD)
    thanks