Thread: Need some advise on easystand evolve

Need some advise on easystand evolve

Hi guys,

Need some advise here. So I've decided to pull the trigger and buy an easy stand evolve out of pocket. I've been declined by insurance and I'm just sick of waiting. That said, I'm looking for used units as my first choice. I want to try one out today at a medical place. They had a "demo" unit that had a lot of bells and whistle that I really didn't need. A big question i have for other evolve users is, does it seem wobbly ? It was quite disconcerting when it swayed and wobbles a little going up, maybe it's just the way it is , but I wanted to be sure. It didn't feel like it would tip over but it felt a little scary, I can only imagine using this thing everyday and one day it gives out. The person there told me "it's just the way it is" but for something like this, I would expect it to be very sturdy with no wobble . Second questions is, I am 5'11 about 160 pounds. The regular adult until says it goes up to 6'2 and 280 pounds and is quite a bit cheaper. Yet at every place I try to order, they tell me to order the large/xt model which is about a grand more. Thoughts on this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

E
    T7 Incomplete from 1989

I have been using my easy stand glider for 8 years. It was fitted and adjusted to my height. The rep. where you buy it should fit it to you. I did place some heavy weight in the rear wheels to keep it steady, when gliding fast. You will really like the unit. I haven't heard of any tipping over and they are sturdy once your standing. They do move around some when your cranking yourself in an upward position. You should be fine but make sure they adjust it correctly for you. Wish you well and enjoy it.

We lucked out and found a used standing frame while my wife was still in rehab. It does not seem wobbly to me, but I have never tried it. Anyway, I am good at searching and would be happy to see what I can turn up. Give me your city and radius you'd consider going for a good deal.
    Cheers-
    OB

EasyStand changed the sizing names on the Evolve (non-Glider) a while back. Anything over 5'-8" and you need a large which they used to call "Adult"
    I seriously doubt you would want an XT.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

I'm in the bay area
    T7 Incomplete from 1989

Quote Originally Posted by emanshiu View Post
    I'm in the bay area
    Here is one in Merced that might work depending on vintage and if you can transport it. I traveled about that far to get my easystand for about the same price.
    https://merced.craigslist.org/for/d/...459777009.html
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Unless you really want an Evolve, check out the Easystand 5000. Probably less wobbles from what I can see looking at pictures of the Evolve to compare with, and a solid choice. You can get one with a 'mobile' option to push it around when using it also. I have one for the last 15 years under daily usage with zero issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Unless you really want an Evolve, check out the Easystand 5000. Probably less wobbles from what I can see looking at pictures of the Evolve to compare with, and a solid choice. You can get one with a 'mobile' option to push it around when using it also. I have one for the last 15 years under daily usage with zero issues so far.
    Mobile easystand 5000 is what I have. I love the freedom to roam about the house and reach upper cabinets if I want to.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.