Thread: Does Tilite do an Aluminum TR ?

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

Does Tilite do an Aluminum TR ?

The Aero T ?

but has adjustable casters and adjustable rear axle ? the axle doesn't adjust along the lower frame bar !

yes the aero T is the aluminum version

https://permobilus.com/wp-content/up...parison_EN.pdf
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

As far as I can see, the Aero T doesn't attach the axle to the bottom dual tube. it has those height adjustable axle attachments.

Wonder why they don't have an identical design to the TR in Aluminium ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    yes the aero T is the aluminum version

https://permobilus.com/wp-content/up...parison_EN.pdf

the aero T is the closest to the TR same design not sure what you mean as everything is adjustable did you look at the comparison chart?
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

looks like the AeroT is an aluminum TRa, not TR. I wonder if there's anyone there to ask if it could be done? Then again I imagine the price of the custom-produced AeroT would be more than an equivalent TR. Which makes no sense. But wheelchair science rarely does.

and why did Permobil muck up TiLite's beautiful website? It wasn't broken but I guess they think their brand name holds more clout than TiLite?? silly Scandinavians.

I'm fortunate enough to have bought my last chair out of pocket (and off-continent). I am not looking forward to having to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    the aero T is the closest to the TR same design not sure what you mean as everything is adjustable did you look at the comparison chart?
    Just so you can see what I mean.. this is how the axle attaches on the TR, bolts to the lower dual bar.

as compared to the aero T

The Aero T is adjustable. If they mounted the axle to the lower tubes you wouldn't have any RSH adjustment. If you look at the TRA it's the same as an Aero T. I'm guessing the reason they don't offer an Aero T non adjustable is for insurance coding reasons. They probably figure if you are paying out of pocket you'll pay for titanium anyway? I'm not really sure but, that's the way I'm thinking if that even makes sense lol

the aero t casters are adjustable. sounds great, but after a few years they started to refuse to hold a "perpendicular"/"0" state for me. meaning the chair does not turn as freely as it used to and has caster flutter like mad. believe me, i've adjusted and have to keep adjusting back to 0. i want a fixed caster mount next like the tr

Reason I like the TR.

Quote Originally Posted by juniorsenior View Post
    the aero t casters are adjustable. sounds great, but after a few years they started to refuse to hold a "perpendicular"/"0" state for me. meaning the chair does not turn as freely as it used to and has caster flutter like mad. believe me, i've adjusted and have to keep adjusting back to 0. i want a fixed caster mount next like the tr

But I want to minimize the adjustment.. less weight and less stuff to fail.

The lower dual bar is perfect for center of gravity adjustment and rigidity. my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    The Aero T is adjustable. If they mounted the axle to the lower tubes you wouldn't have any RSH adjustment. If you look at the TRA it's the same as an Aero T. I'm guessing the reason they don't offer an Aero T non adjustable is for insurance coding reasons. They probably figure if you are paying out of pocket you'll pay for titanium anyway? I'm not really sure but, that's the way I'm thinking if that even makes sense lol