Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Manual chair through Medicare/Medicaid understanding available options for 2018

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    yeah I have medicare/medicaid as Medicare won't cover titanium, no way around it with medicaid.

I was after the TR box frame, I think I'm going to try and go with the invacare terminator everyday. Just with the Ergo seat frame

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Titanium upgrades are not allowed by original Meidcare out of retaliation of DME abuse. Now Meidcare says it's part of the base charge. What that means to us is that the DME can't deliver... because they can't make money on a base charge alone.

If you want a titanium upgrade then you need to go with Medicare Advantage. They still offer the upgrade.

why switch to invacare TIlite is a far better chair! IMO and the aero z and t are basically the same chair as the titanium ones just use aliunimum
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Ha.. my dilemma.
    Have you ever owned an Invacare manual chair?? what issues did you have ?

If Tilite built an Aluminum version of their TR my decision would be easy. I'm after the box frame, I need the rigidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashms View Post
    why switch to invacare TIlite is a far better chair! IMO and the aero z and t are basically the same chair as the titanium ones just use aliunimum

they do it is the AERO T

they do it is the AERO T
    Similar... but the AERO T is very very different to the TR design.
    Notice the lower frame bar on the TR.. it is perfectly parallel to the ground, so the axle bar just has to be slid back and forth to make any CoG adjustments.
    The Aero T has has the old school adjustable axle clamp that is fixed in place on the seat pan bar of the frame. necessitating adjustable angle casters etc.

Have yet to find a nice side shot of the Invacare Terminator Everyday.. but you can kind of see the same arrangement

why not ask TiLite to make the TR in aluminum then? i am sure they could do it.

I have asked.. and they have no plans to build an Aluminum version.

why not ask TiLite to make the TR in aluminum then? i am sure they could do it.

Blog Entries
    You won't be missing out on anything by going with a Top End Terminator. Matter of fact, you'll be getting exactly what you want for less money.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Have you had a top end chair?
    How is top end for getting custom frame enhancements... not asking for anything Tilite wouldn't do etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    You won't be missing out on anything by going with a Top End Terminator. Matter of fact, you'll be getting exactly what you want for less money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Have you had a top end chair?
    How is top end for getting custom frame enhancements... not asking for anything Tilite wouldn't do etc.
    No, I only know these brands from friends with them and posts here. No idea how much "off order form" customizing Top End does. I'm of the opinion that making an aluminum wheelchair isn't very hard and/or able to be done significantly better by either of these companies. Same material, same welding tech, same warranty. Basically the same. Any company welding up these chairs today does it just as well as any other IMO. If any of these brand's chairs were regularly falling apart, then we'd know. Marketing hype not withstanding, of course.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments