Thread: Love my new Smart Drive

Love my new Smart Drive

I bought a MX1 demo unit from Bike-On. I love it. Its really fun to coast around. More fun than my powerchair actually. So much so that I'm riding around in an old manual chair that is really uncomfortable but I can't stop playing with it. I can see how the MX2 is an improvement though. Sitting on top the battery pack is not great. I can feel it through a varilite cushion. I really hope I can fully sling it under the seat in my new chair and not use the upholstery flange at all. For anyone who doesn't have sensation I'd be mighty careful sitting on that flange. Otherwise its great. It takes some practice to use the buttons and time your stops and I'm extra cautious in outdoor mode but I can see that this device is gonna be a life saver as I transition back to manual chairs.

Plus, Bike-On is great to do business with

I'm wondering how many people have used them hunting. I'm getting one soon but I doubt it will be within the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by erikferret View Post
    I bought a MX1 demo unit from Bike-On. I love it. Its really fun to coast around. More fun than my powerchair actually. So much so that I'm riding around in an old manual chair that is really uncomfortable but I can't stop playing with it. I can see how the MX2 is an improvement though. Sitting on top the battery pack is not great. I can feel it through a varilite cushion. I really hope I can fully sling it under the seat in my new chair and not use the upholstery flange at all. For anyone who doesn't have sensation I'd be mighty careful sitting on that flange. Otherwise its great. It takes some practice to use the buttons and time your stops and I'm extra cautious in outdoor mode but I can see that this device is gonna be a life saver as I transition back to manual chairs.

Plus, Bike-On is great to do business with
    erik, thx for the kind words. I'm glad you like it. John
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer