Thread: Quad friendly drone

Quad friendly drone

Anyone out there flying drones? I'm looking for recommendations for easy to operate models for a c6/7 quad. I have use of my arms, but limited hand function. I have a cheap one right now, looking to upgrade.

I, C7, won a DJI mavic pro (about $1k) at a fundraiser. It's a really nice drone with crash avoidance features and spectacular optics. The controller has a number of small buttons that can be difficult with limited finger strength. I found that I could fly it with my level of hand function but the setup was very difficult. I don't have the ability to pinch, so things like plugging in a mini USB cable could take 10 minutes instead of the 10 seconds for fully functional hands. Where I live, in a steep wooded area, also is not the best for learning how to fly. I just gave it away as a Christmas present to an AB who has lots of outdoor activity interest.

There was a quad that lived in Dubai. He had some YouTube videos of himself flying drones. He cut short sections of PVC pipe 1" and drilled a hole in the bottom big enough to firmly fit on to the joystick knobs. He could then insert his thumbs for operation. (cHris?)

Not sure if it helps, but this guy is doing some cool stuff…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FINbdXiHEmg

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    There was a quad that lived in Dubai. He had some YouTube videos of himself flying drones. He cut short sections of PVC pipe 1" and drilled a hole in the bottom big enough to firmly fit on to the joystick knobs. He could then insert his thumbs for operation. (cHris?)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86...QZHlSB0o60ThBg