Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Q&A: Epidural Stimulation and Bladder, Bowel, & Sexual Function

((Curt)) It's difficult to temper excitement but you and I and many others have been here so many times before. All that I see is a new field for electronics and physio to come together. I was excited at first, but ... this has been dragged out ... there were screw ups with the Medtronic trial and seemingly shifty things at UCLA (just my opinion). Be hopeful, but cautious.

My hope still lays with Jerry Silver and the future. (Realistically, I won't see that in my lifetime ... 45 - paralyzed 34yrs this year).

I hope someone re-invents the damn wheelchair before we croak! I want a General Dynamics robot to sit 'in' and go over any terrain, not fall over, jump and climb stairs and run.

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    As far as I'm concerned from all I've seen they are milking this thing for all it's worth. Without mentioning names there was a video of one of the original guys in the trial from 2010 climbing stairs bumping up on his butt. He is every bit as much of a T5 Paraplegic as me even though CR foundation has boosted about all kinds of benefits, I just don't see it. I'm sorry I ever donated money towards this, I think it was all a waste. It's not the answer towards any meaningful cure. I think the only near term answer is robotics and I hope robots will help me in my old age, I'll be turning 60 in May so starting to get up there and after 37 years of T4 complete spinal cord injury it takes its toll on the body. I'd hoped maybe this Epidural stim would help me out personally with A/D I get, if anything will kill me that will be it. But I never hear back from anyone. It's a useless cause in my opinion, money would be better spent on med research or other technologies that could actually help us, I know they will keep doing what they are doing though, no way to change that. So many of these never go anywhere or help anyone.
    By now it should be clear to all long term members here that all research is steered towards wherever the researchers feel they can generate enough interest from big pharmas, the government, and to a lesser extent; individual donors in order to get their grants to continue on, regardless of the inapplicability of the end results.

Walkabout Foundation has worked with Dr. Reggie Edgerton and his team at UCLA for 6 years, funding $1 million of his groundbreaking research into spinal cord injury. Today we are extremely excited to announce that we will this year be funding another cutting-edge project of Dr. Edgertons, which will work towards improving bladder function for people with SCIs. We hope that this research will be a huge step towards changing the lives of many individuals.
    Facebook announcement.
    https://www.facebook.com/WalkaboutFoundation/

I added the Plos One Science Publication and the University of Kentucky press release at Science News to the bulletin post.

Grammy currently any trial taking chronic lumbar injury patients to regain BBS function or not yet? How soon can patients like me avail this Epidural Stimulation therapy to recovery BBS function?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Grammy currently any trial taking chronic lumbar injury patients to regain BBS function or not yet? How soon can patients like me avail this Epidural Stimulation therapy to recovery BBS function?
    Currently in clinical trials only and not on the open market in Pakistan yet. Here's the listing.