Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sienna rampvan

Sienna rampvan

When you press the button the door opens and the van kneels but the ramp won't move and there is a beep sound. Pulled the fuse to reboot but no luck. Crap of a time for problems.

Quote Originally Posted by oldwheelz View Post
    When you press the button the door opens and the van kneels but the ramp won't move and there is a beep sound. Pulled the fuse to reboot but no luck. Crap of a time for problems.
    It may help us trouble shoot this for you if we knew the conversion package you have, i.e., VMI, Braun etc......????

On my VMI Sienna there is a button you can push if you don't want the ramp to come out. Make sure that button is on.

Try pushing the door open further and holding it there and see if the ramp will work. I don't have a Sienna, but your issue may be similar. My door hold open gadget needed a little tightening which I accidentally accomplished by a tiny adjustment to the lower hinge. There is also a (door is out of the way) switch, but I had already replaced that to no help.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I had a 2008 Braun Toyota sienna conversion, and on occasion (mostly in the winter), the door would open, but not all the way, and therefore the ramp would not unfold. If someone would push the door completely open, the ramp would then own fold. The track would need to be oiled a bit, it would work fine again. Maybe give that a try!

The IMS (Independent Mobility Systems - no longer in production) conversion package on my Ford Windstar had a limit switch that had to be triggered by the door (in the full open position) to deploy the van once the door was open. The switch was near the bottom of the door and consisted of a strip of metal bent into a horseshoe shape. Often that switch had to be adjusted manually to allow the proper contact to occur. What seemed to cause the most problem with the switch was parking on an incline which for some reason allowed the door to open to hard and collapse the horseshoe shape of metal.

Probably a long shot that this is your exact situation, but you obviously have to have an adjustment to the mechanism in your conversion package that controls the van door full open before the ramp can be deployed.

Sorry, Rampvan is a Braun model like a like a Sienna is a Toyota. Tried pulling on the door but it was no help. I am 3 hrs. from a Braun dealer so hope someone can help. It's a 2011

Sorry, Rampvan is a Braun model like a like a Sienna is a Toyota. Tried pulling on the door but it was no help. I am 3 hrs. from a Braun dealer so hope someone can help. It's a 2011
    If the door didn't move or if it did move a little but still did not allow the ramp to deploy you probably have a ramp issue and not an interface issue.

However, just in case you ought to manually press that little switch that gjnl mentioned while the door is open if it is visible. If it clicks by pressing on it with your finger *and* the door open, it is probably out of adjustment. Click it and carefully try the ramp.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Can you speak to the Braun dealer by phone and have them "talk you through" some solutions?
    We've had some success doing this with our full size van with lift at side doors.

/

I will call but with holidays it's hard to get someone. It's - 27 celcius here so inside is good for now