Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14 years, first sore, cellulitis, little progress, suggestions?

Has anyone ruled out compartment syndrome? Compartment syndrome is a condition in which increased pressure within one of the body's compartments results in insufficient blood supply to tissue within that space.The leg or arm are most commonly involved
    pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

They have not mentioned anything about this. Would it be possible to have it in both feet? As I have a sore on each foot, neither of which is healing. When they have checked pulses and for perfusion/capillary refill its been good. I can bring it up Monday when I go for my next wound care appointment. They are trying again with the poly mem and going to leave it alone for four days before checking it.

What’s your red blood cell count? Thyroid? Diabetes?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thyroid good, no diabetes, my esr was initially high but last test showed within normal range. Nutrition great, all labs great. Wounds look great, clean, no infection. No fever, no chills, feel great.

I know another incomplete walker with chronic wounds. I hope this gets figured out soon.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12