Thread: Video creation on mobile phone

Video creation on mobile phone

Looking for new job - (jumped into project in June and they then ran out of funding in September).
    Get a call from a recruiter about job in pharma, testing an application I'm familiar with - rate kinda sucks but sounds like a decent opportunity anyway.
    I'm told that client requires that I submit a 30-60 second video to introduce myself and give brief ober view of background.
    So, initially, he promises to send me a url to accomplish this (I'm thinking Skype?), but the url doesn't work.
    So now he wants me to generate a video at my end. I create one on my phone and upload the mp4 file to my PC.
    Too big for Gmail without storing to Google Drive.

Question - can anyone weigh in with advice on how you would accomplish this just using your phone?
    I can't seem to get my old Samsung S4 to compress video in order to send as a text message.

Thanks

Can you upload it to a cloud-sharing service and have the employer access it from there? When I was working, I had a number of interactions with people who used this for PowerPoints and videos too large for our e-mail limit (10 MB) that they needed to send to me.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Gmail automatically sends an oversized filr to Google Drive, but this recruiter insisted that this was not a valid solution. He kept recommending that I use my mobile phone. I eventually gave up. I didn't trust this person as I had never heard of his company and was unimpressed with his competence given that he originally asked that I use a url, but then begged off on that based on "technical " difficulties.
    (add to that the language barriers )

Thanks

Looks like you aren't going to work with him but this seems like a good case to just upload it to YouTube and crank up the security on the file to Unlisted and send the link.

There is a YouTube app that you can record within the app and then upload to your YouTube account. It's called Capture.

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    Looking for new job - (jumped into project in June and they then ran out of funding in September).
    Get a call from a recruiter about job in pharma, testing an application I'm familiar with - rate kinda sucks but sounds like a decent opportunity anyway.
    I'm told that client requires that I submit a 30-60 second video to introduce myself and give brief ober view of background.
    So, initially, he promises to send me a url to accomplish this (I'm thinking Skype?), but the url doesn't work.
    So now he wants me to generate a video at my end. I create one on my phone and upload the mp4 file to my PC.

Question - can anyone weigh in with advice on how you would accomplish this just using your phone?
    I can't seem to get my old Samsung S4 to compress video in order to send as a text message.

Thanks
    Just upload to YouTube and make it private only people you send the link to can view it...

Thanks. The YouTube approach sounds good.

Yes, upload it on YouTube. It'll be better.

I realize this is an old thread, but I use https://wetransfer.com/ to transfer large files. With the free version you can securely transfer files of up to 2GB.
    A download link is sent to a specified target email address and the file is removed from the server after seven days.
    T4 complete since 30 April 2012

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post

Thanks
    Keep it simple download Google Photos to your phone it provides unlimited storage in HD and video pull up the video to share and it will create a link for that person to use and it gives them access to your content in HD and it only allows them to view that one video!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goog...962194608?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.apps.photos

There are so many online platforms are available, who provides freemium storage space facility like Dropbox. You can use and also you can share url with anyone.