Thread: Video creation on mobile phone

Video creation on mobile phone

Looking for new job - (jumped into project in June and they then ran out of funding in September).
    Get a call from a recruiter about job in pharma, testing an application I'm familiar with - rate kinda sucks but sounds like a decent opportunity anyway.
    I'm told that client requires that I submit a 30-60 second video to introduce myself and give brief ober view of background.
    So, initially, he promises to send me a url to accomplish this (I'm thinking Skype?), but the url doesn't work.
    So now he wants me to generate a video at my end. I create one on my phone and upload the mp4 file to my PC.
    Too big for Gmail without storing to Google Drive.

Question - can anyone weigh in with advice on how you would accomplish this just using your phone?
    I can't seem to get my old Samsung S4 to compress video in order to send as a text message.

Thanks

Can you upload it to a cloud-sharing service and have the employer access it from there? When I was working, I had a number of interactions with people who used this for PowerPoints and videos too large for our e-mail limit (10 MB) that they needed to send to me.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Gmail automatically sends an oversized filr to Google Drive, but this recruiter insisted that this was not a valid solution. He kept recommending that I use my mobile phone. I eventually gave up. I didn't trust this person as I had never heard of his company and was unimpressed with his competence given that he originally asked that I use a url, but then begged off on that based on "technical " difficulties.
    (add to that the language barriers )

Thanks

Looks like you aren't going to work with him but this seems like a good case to just upload it to YouTube and crank up the security on the file to Unlisted and send the link.

There is a YouTube app that you can record within the app and then upload to your YouTube account. It's called Capture.

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    Looking for new job - (jumped into project in June and they then ran out of funding in September).
    Get a call from a recruiter about job in pharma, testing an application I'm familiar with - rate kinda sucks but sounds like a decent opportunity anyway.
    I'm told that client requires that I submit a 30-60 second video to introduce myself and give brief ober view of background.
    So, initially, he promises to send me a url to accomplish this (I'm thinking Skype?), but the url doesn't work.
    So now he wants me to generate a video at my end. I create one on my phone and upload the mp4 file to my PC.
    Too big for Gmail without storing to Google Drive.

Question - can anyone weigh in with advice on how you would accomplish this just using your phone?
    I can't seem to get my old Samsung S4 to compress video in order to send as a text message.

Thanks
    Just upload to YouTube and make it private only people you send the link to can view it...

Thanks. The YouTube approach sounds good.