Thread: workers comp and lawn mowing\\\\ not sure if this is right spot 4 this

workers comp and lawn mowing\\\\ not sure if this is right spot 4 this

anyone on work comp and there comp pays for mowing there lawn my lawyer said he may be able to get my comp to pay it
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

What does workers comp pay for? Article form Illinois Legal Aid Online: https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/leg...mpensation-pay

T-10 Para been on workers comp 25 years now in Arizona. To be honest that's a super long shot for them to cover it and doubt they will. They typically cover all your medical supply needs. Some times they will modify your vehicle for you to drive. AS well modify and make your house handicapped accessible to fit your needs maybe wheelchair ramp stuff like that. By design they are supposed to try and make you as whole as they can before your injury. However that doesn't apply to chores and our upkeep to your house. I mean think about it sure your getting a pay check right maybe 60 % of your income. That's what the law here in Az. The reason I mention the income because then they think you can use that income to pay some one to mow your lawn. Or at least thing similar to this is what my workers comp insurance would say in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    anyone on work comp and there comp pays for mowing there lawn my lawyer said he may be able to get my comp to pay it
    I think a lot has to do with your injury. I'm a c3c4 quadriplegic. I can't cut my own toenails because of my injury so my dr wrote a script for it and comp pays for it. If there is anything I can't do and my dr writes a script comp has to pay for it. I'm in Florida.

thanks for the replys its probably a long shot
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I think a lot has to do with your injury. I'm a c3c4 quadriplegic. I can't cut my own toenails because of my injury so my dr wrote a script for it and comp pays for it. If there is anything I can't do and my dr writes a script comp has to pay for it. I'm in Florida.
    Trimming your toe nails would fall under self care and it is understandable that it would be covered, but household chores and property maintenance isn't comparable to self care due to a work related injury.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    thanks for the replys its probably a long shot
    It is going to be hard because of your level of injury. Do you drive? I don't own my own place but when I do I will be asking about this. It doesn't hurt to ask. Either they will or they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Trimming your toe nails would fall under self care and it is understandable that it would be covered, but household chores and property maintenance isn't comparable to self care due to a work related injury.
    I understand what you're saying about household chores. My nurses get paid to do those. Property maintenance is totally different. They are not allowed to do that. So if I can't do it because of my injury why shouldn't workers comp pay for it? I don't own my own place but when I do I will definitely ask. Either they will or they won't.

If you mowed your own lawn before your injury, but are unable to now, I would think they'd be required to either pay for a mower you can use or pay to have it done by someone else.