Thread: ok new chair time! which is best?

ok new chair time! which is best?

ok just got back from my DME for my new backrest turns out i am past due to get a new chair so we are going to start this process instead of the new back for the old one. i haven't had a new chair since 2011 so i don't really know what's out there anymore. looking at staying ridgid tiLite, matrix MX1 back possibly and roho cushion, marathon tires and natural fit rims with frogs legs castors and spinergy wheels other than that i am open. need ideas what everyone is rolling these days.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

I had a tilite aero z since 2011 and just got a new tilite TR about 2 months ago. Titanium ergo frame, camber tube, fork stems and axles. Carbon fiber seat pan, footplate and side guards. Spinergy carbon blade rims, Marathon plus tires, q grip hand rims. Roho agility carbon fiber backrest. Composite lock brakes. Varilite meridian cushion. I love it!

c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

"Good Luck!" I sincerely mean that, too!
    Mama chair motors needed replaced, batteries and seat cushion. My chair needed new backrest, cushion, batteries and had on/off problems with tilt/recline working.
    DME said been over 6 years old added to cost of repairs we should get new chairs.
    Dealt with back/froth for few months with company that bought out old DME and decided not worth effort, crap and even getting ahold of the person that was handling our equipment. Odd they had my information on file but not Mama and we had dealt with old owner of DME for over 20 years.
    Mama's motors still leak, jerks, pulls to one side and we replaced batteries. It got so bad it's sitting in garage on drop cloth to catch the oil leak.
    Mine, is just sitting, don't trust it to get into much less use it.
    We currently using old backup chairs. Mama's is a 14 year old chair that we transfered batteries to. But, motors on it is now jerky at slow speed and no seat function now.
    My backup is not as old just 7 years old that was from a family when their mother passed away. It has no tilt but does have power recline and articulating footboard. Replaced batteries after gave up on new chairs.

Figure we will need to back oyr ears and have another go at new chairs but looks like all are owned by big national companies now and hate dealing with that!

I absolutely love my TiLite TR !!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I had a tilite aero z since 2011 and just got a new tilite TR about 2 months ago. Titanium ergo frame, camber tube, fork stems and axles. Carbon fiber seat pan, footplate and side guards. Spinergy carbon blade rims, Marathon plus tires, q grip hand rims. Roho agility carbon fiber backrest. Composite lock brakes. Varilite meridian cushion. I love it!

Sick chair, not a fan of foot plate though. Just throws look off in my opinion. Would look "radder" with some holes in it or lines..

Welded back.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    "Good Luck!" I sincerely mean that, too!
    Mama chair motors needed replaced, batteries and seat cushion. My chair needed new backrest, cushion, batteries and had on/off problems with tilt/recline working.
    DME said been over 6 years old added to cost of repairs we should get new chairs.
    Dealt with back/froth for few months with company that bought out old DME and decided not worth effort, crap and even getting ahold of the person that was handling our equipment. Odd they had my information on file but not Mama and we had dealt with old owner of DME for over 20 years.
    Mama's motors still leak, jerks, pulls to one side and we replaced batteries. It got so bad it's sitting in garage on drop cloth to catch the oil leak.
    Mine, is just sitting, don't trust it to get into much less use it.
    We currently using old backup chairs. Mama's is a 14 year old chair that we transfered batteries to. But, motors on it is now jerky at slow speed and no seat function now.
    My backup is not as old just 7 years old that was from a family when their mother passed away. It has no tilt but does have power recline and articulating footboard. Replaced batteries after gave up on new chairs.

Figure we will need to back oyr ears and have another go at new chairs but looks like all are owned by big national companies now and hate dealing with that!

Two question: WTF was that all about??? ...and since when has Bobby Boucher become disabled?

I bought a Ti ZRA two years ago. It offers very good adjustability, and I spec'ed it out as light as possible with Topolino wheels. Those wheels creaked from day 1 and two spokes on one wheel broke and 1 spoke on the other due to side impacts. (They are weak that way.) Anyway, they are trash now. ...Moving on... Everything else about the chair has been good though. I ordered mine with an 80 degree front fork angle for a small footprint, but I'm still a little front tippy. I probably should've gone with a 75 degree front angle. I should've stuck with the Spinergy wheels as I've never had issues with them. Since about 2007, I've been using a Roho Jetstream Pro back, which is very light and comfortable. For a long time now, I haven't used brakes or side guards on my chairs. The 4" x 1.5" Tilite front casters are better than the Frog Legs casters in my opinion. (They are the same as in the picture above.) I have had a little flutter since day one on one of the front casters, though at slower speeds the chair handles fine. The Tilite caster adjustment seems a little complicated and imprecise, so I decided to leave it alone for fear of making it worse. I usually go down inclines in a wheelie anyway.

All that being said, if I was going to buy another chair tomorrow, I think I would go with this: http://www.motioncomposites.com/en/apex-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Ajstevens View Post
    Sick chair, not a fan of foot plate though. Just throws look off in my opinion. Would look "radder" with some holes in it or lines..
    Thanks! I have big feet so we put a piece of carbon fiber that matches the side guards, backrest, and rims on top of it. I would love to have a light weight tubular foot plate but with big feet and the flip up option coming in handy, this is the most functional for me
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2