Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flap and colostomy surgery getting scheduled

I really can't stress enough how taking a multitude of supplements for my skin has helped me. Sure I still get wounds, but I do a lot of bed time now that I don't have to work and they are much more manageable than before and heal quite a bit quicker.

Catch-22. I miss working, but at least I'm not fatigued with infection all the time.

Take those vitamins and get that protein in!
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

They had me quit taking multivitamins because of kidney stones. But I drink two Boost with extra protein every day.
    "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you?"

You should be consuming at least 100 gm. of protein daily. Boost is good, but you may also want to look at Premier: https://www.premierprotein.com/

In my area you can buy this at Costco and Sam's club.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Stones from multivitamins??? Oh no .. I have a lot of sediment, but I think it's tied to the foley as I've taken the multivitamins for almost a decade.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

An overdose of vitamin D can increase the risk for stones, and occasionally megadoses of vitamin C can do the same, but if you take a vitamin supplement without excessive amount of these, you should be fine.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You should be consuming at least 100 gm. of protein daily. Boost is good, but you may also want to look at Premier: https://www.premierprotein.com/

In my area you can buy this at Costco and Sam's club.

(KLD)
    My guts don't like that stuff.

The surgeries got moved from May 5 up to February 5. I guess that means I will have no Super Bowl party prepping for surgery.

I have been laying on my side a lot lately and the wound is actually gotten bigger. Nobody can explain it. Should I keep my legs straight when I go on my side or bend my knee a little? Would then deem I need too much affect the wound?