Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: where to purchase vehicle hand controls w/ no script needed?!

Quote Originally Posted by Podkane View Post
    You can also buy "portable" hand controls (Colours makes one kind, there are others) at Sportaid. They are designed to be easy to install yourself. I've known paras who use them in place of DME installed hand controls. Cost around 300 bucks.
    Yes on the portable hand controls. I have used them for years and installed them myself. No special hardware needed. They install in any car. Great way to go. You can always take them with you to install in a rental car when traveling. They break down into a travel bag the size of a loaf of bread. I bought mine new on Ebay for around $275.

Regarding "where to purchase vehicle hand controls w/ no script needed" -
    the Veigel and MPD brands can be purchased here with no prescription.
    Regarding installation; however, please note that in this case you would need to sign a disclaimer if a factory-trained (i.e., trained by Veigel / MPD) installer does not perform the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Regarding "where to purchase vehicle hand controls w/ no script needed" -
    the Veigel and MPD brands can be purchased here with no prescription.
    Regarding installation; however, please note that in this case you would need to sign a disclaimer if a factory-trained (i.e., trained by Veigel / MPD) installer does not perform the installation.
    I'm not seeing any listings on that website on hand controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    I'm not seeing any listings on that website on hand controls.
    Look on this page: https://wheelchaircushionsage.com/no...r-wheelers.php

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Reads: "Installation" of MPD hand controls, not seeing anything related to the sale of them.

I'd be worried about insurance and liability too.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The portable ones will take an bodied person 10 minutes to install. If you aren't confident in your mechanical abilities have someone else install them. Just turn the knobs with your hands to fasten clamps onto the peddles. Then secure the assembly to the steering column with a velcro strap. There are no tools required.
    Last edited by August West; 12-21-2017 at 07:25 PM.

these folks. Grandpa started the company, grand daughter runs it now.

4335 S. Santa Fe Drive
    Englewood, CO 80110
    (800) 782-4335
    (303) 781-2062

I got some monarch ones of ebay and put them in 3 different vehicles myself. Its not real hard. If you are unable to do it by yourself get a friend to help. It will save you a ton of money.

I tried buying a bracket for a set of suregrips I found on Craigslist but the manufacturer didn?t even bother to reply to my email. I knew I wouldn?t be able to buy a new set of controls so I didn?t bother asking. I didn?t think I?d have the same problem with a mounting bracket. In the end, I fabricated my own. Just about anything that?s related to wheelchair accessible vehicles is tightly controlled. They won?t sell to the end user. It?s been over a year now and I still haven?t found a good used kneeling actuator to install myself. eBay and Craigslist are your best options. Just be patient.