Thread: Cold triggers pain

Cold triggers pain

Anyone else have this? I'm always reminded on cold cold days. I typically go all year without much pain and then like clockwork I'm reminded it's winter!

Unfortunately, cold exposure is well known to increase neuropathic pain. Another reason to keep warm and avoid cold environments as much as possible if you have pain issues.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Yes, winter sucks! I used to love wintertime, that was a lllloong time ago, before my accident. Now, every winter the pain seems to get worse, more severe and more of it. One thing I found that helps is the electric blanket I bought last year, the brand is Biddeford if you're interested, they get very, very warm. I find it really does help ease some of the aches and pains.
    Daniel G.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    Yes, winter sucks! I used to love wintertime, that was a lllloong time ago, before my accident. Now, every winter the pain seems to get worse, more severe and more of it. One thing I found that helps is the electric blanket I bought last year, the brand is Biddeford if you're interested, they get very, very warm. I find it really does help ease some of the aches and pains.
    We have to be very careful with electric blankets, mattress pads and heating pads, and even those buckwheat or rice hull pillows you heat up in the microwave. Since many of us have no sense as to how hot these devices are, the result can be a bad burn.

This year I start to feel more pain and aches through my body as never before. I am incomplete Quad C6 15 year post my injury and 55 years old. Living in Toronto. I am almost all day inside in warm house. Last years I was very active with exercises and I was more going out - even in winter time -and didn't feel pain much. This year I am very inactive but more inside... Could this be the reason? Or maybe some Vitamin or mineral deficiency?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine