Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NuMotion and Brightway batteries ...

Have a set of Brightway setting in garage. These had only a 6 month warranty! They kept getting less and less range after about 31/2 months. By 8th month they were no use at all.
    Out warranty so be out-of-pocket replacement.
    No DME purchase for the price we got set of Duracell AGM batteries from Batteries Plus Bulbs for lot less than DME wanted even for another set of Brightway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bishop View Post
    Are the BWG batteries made in China?
    Sorry for the delay yes they are...Briteways is just a distributor

Quote Originally Posted by busterskid View Post
    Rollpositive, I sent him my post and he replied a short time later, thanks. He said he would get back with me!!
    Send me a message would love to help...someone reaching out to the director of your area is a big help too!

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    NuMotion switched to the cheap Briteway batteries from China for higher profit margin. They put these in my chair before I realized they weren't using MK Batteries anymore. After a few months one started leaking from the terminal post and began to short out my chair! Even the NuMotion tech admitted he has to replace them constantly because they won't even last a year! Insist on MK Batteries and don't let them tell you they can't get them. That's what they told me until I went up the chain to the regional store manager. She eventually admitted they had major issues with them and did not hesitate to order MKs for me.

If you look at the start of my post its because people are having issues with MK and not holding a charge as long.

Seems MK has started new ways to of manufacture which is causing issues.

Even Pride chairs no longer come with MK batteries stock.

With NuMotion you can request MK and if the tech or ATP refuses you ask for the GM of your store.

You just have to pay the difference which seems to change from store to store.

So Numotion has said they are getting a lot of complaints so they started working with Brightway.

The difference is Brightway as a yea unconditional warranty so they will change out for a new set as long as you are charging 8 plus hours a day.

If you like MK go for it but testing Brightway now not have any issues and just did a test run after 3 months and still getting 10 plus miles a charge and only one charge light down.

[IMG][/IMG]

RollPositive.
    "If you look at the start of my post its because people are having issues with MK and not holding a charge as long."

Nope. Nothing at the start of this post about issues with MKs. But, sure, it could happen.

"With NuMotion you can request MK and if the tech or ATP refuses you ask for the GM of your store."

Er, exactly. That's why I posted that above. . .

"You just have to pay the difference which seems to change from store to store."

If your chair manufacturer recommends MKs, like Permobil does, you should be fine with insurance. Medicare/Suppliment paid all of mine with no problem. Different story with private pay I imagine.

"So Numotion has said they are getting a lot of complaints so they started working with Brightway."

Local tech here says Brightways are awful and won't last a year. Regional manager agreed and said they are "working on the problem with Brightway." IMHO, the only reason Numotion switched suppliers is they got a better deal on cheap chinese batteries they can resell for higher profits.

"If you like MK go for it but testing Brightway now not have any issues and just did a test run after 3 months and still getting 10 plus miles a charge and only one charge light down."

Good luck with that and let us know if you have any problems. I really do hope they work out for you.

I had problems with MK never fully charging Numotion switched me to the Brightway about 3 months ago with a new charger which I was told is better for these batteries so I asume its a Brightway charger. So far no problems yet.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis