Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting on briefs

Putting on briefs

I need help. So, ive worn pull ups since my injury. I typically dont have any problems other than the occasional mornings when i wake up wet or if i dont get to cath in time. Anyhow... they dont absorb much. So i asked my doc for some others and now i have some with tabs. How in the heck am i supposed to get these on by myself?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDude View Post
    I need help. So, ive worn pull ups since my injury. I typically dont have any problems other than the occasional mornings when i wake up wet or if i dont get to cath in time. Anyhow... they dont absorb much. So i asked my doc for some others and now i have some with tabs. How in the heck am i supposed to get these on by myself?
    Difficult to answer your question since 1. we don't know you level of injury (not in your profile) and 2. briefs with tabs...which ones?

Furthermore, how do you manage your bladder?

Yes, it would be important to let us know the things above to help you with this. (A more complete profile helps us always, please consider doing that.) Curious about why you are using padding instead of an external condom catheter, since you are male. Medicare actually pays for ECCs, while they do not pay for padding.

For padding products, you might want to look at the sample kits (several different brands of padding of a certain type) you can purchase from this company. It lets you try out several different brands without having to purchase an entire case.

https://www.hdis.com/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Im c7. Incomplete. I go through the VA. Ive never had luck with condom catheters. During my last urodynamics study, i void at around 350cc. Its pretty forceful. Condoms come off.

So what padding are you using? The VA has a very limited numbers of approved products like this that they provide, but if you find another that works for you your provider can submit a non-forumulary request and they may provide them. The same is true for condom catheters.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Attends are the ones with the tabs that i use. The pull up ones were surecare.

So a full pad (diaper) or a undergarment like this??

If you are using a pull on full diaper, you may be able to get it on like slacks, by putting your fists inside the top, flexing your wrists to stretch and pull, and rolling side to side, pulling up on the opposite side (do this in bed). The good ones can be removed by tearing along a seam designed for this, and this is true for the Surecare ones.

For either type, you can also add a "booster pad" if there is not enough absorption for your night needs.

Check out the product selection guide at the link above for comparisons and to decide what you want to try.

(KLD)

I use full diaper. I can get the pull on one's on. The new ones have tabs and open up

So you need to get your VA provider to put in a Non-Formulary (NF) request for the brand/model you need, with a justification included about why you cannot use the new ones. Which SCi Center do you go to?

(KLD)

What kind work best? That are easy to get on?