Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reeve Big idea - FDA approved for clinical trials!

I don't know, does this somehow reconnect the brain to the extremities, or is it something to employ researchers?

In other news, I am bypassing the gyrations made by our research community and am selling plans for a self-directed study of a similar vein. Only $5.00 to me, and some lamp cord along with a variable DC power supply supplied by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I don't know, does this somehow reconnect the brain to the extremities, or is it something to employ researchers?

In other news, I am bypassing the gyrations made by our research community and am selling plans for a self-directed study of a similar vein. Only $5.00 to me, and some lamp cord along with a variable DC power supply supplied by you.
    Don't forget rehab centers... how many working hours and for how many people every patient will bring in?

To then end up keep rolling around with no life-changing recovery of function..

Just my opinion based on the scientific evidence I know of.

Time will tell.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Don't forget rehab centers... how many working hours and for how many people every patient will bring in?

To then end up keep rolling around with no life-changing recovery of function..

Just my opinion based on the scientific evidence I know of.

Time will tell.

Paolo
    On its own you are probably right, but surely its a piece of the puzzle.

Stem Cells to replace missing material, get rid of the scar, growth factors to help grow, boost the signal with estim, retraining with rehab.

Who know if all of these pieces are needed, but progressing them so we know is surely the only way.

I guess the trial protocol had to be fda approved? Louisville has done at least 11, so it’s not like the implant wasn’t already approved in a research capacity. The Big Idea was supposed to start early 2017 and it’s pretty much 2018 and hasn’t started.

It always ends up like this.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Figured it was funding but thought they would at least start if that was the case. So who knows.

By keeping the patient studies small and confined to simple IRB approvals through one university does nothing to expand the patient count or get the procedures and devices to the market. The scale up would need to include the FDA on a federal level to grow this thing.

Which I guess is another reason, I have heard we are a long ways away from it getting to where it needs to get for everyone to possibly benefit from it. Hearing data on HUNDREDS needed, which is hard to hear for technology that has existed in some form for decades and first benefited the first patient 8-9 years ago!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyerly View Post
    Which I guess is another reason, I have heard we are a long ways away from it getting to where it needs to get for everyone to possibly benefit from it. Hearing data on HUNDREDS needed, which is hard to hear for technology that has existed in some form for decades and first benefited the first patient 8-9 years ago!!!!!
    Testing was being done at the university with a Medtronic pain stimulator. NRT has been working to get Series B financing to complete the commercial development of their first product. They propose two (one external and one implantable). Things don't happen quickly without multi millions in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Considering private equity has ponied up monies, I'd have to say there's some good evidence of potential future profits on the commercial side.
    I'm cynical about most research studies, but the results to date are impressive.
    T3-T6 complete since Sept 2015.