Thread: Permobil accessory

Permobil accessory

Greetings! I currently have a phone holder on my Permobil F3 chair, that was purchased as an option when I ordered the chair. The phone holder itself is by RAM. I am looking to get an additional mounting bracket, which I imagine wouldn't be difficult to find at any hardware store. However, I'm not sure where I could purchase the mounting ball that the phone holder attaches to, as shown (hopefully) in this pic:

https://permobilus.com/product/ram-x-gripphone-holder/#

Is this what you’re looking for?
    https://smile.amazon.com/RAM-Mounts-.../dp/B002KO5XVU
    C5 as of 6-13- 2010

I just ordered the parts that I need from Ram Mount off of Amazon. I'll have my brother fabricate a little "bracket" to mount on my handrest/armrest. Thanks for the tip, landrover.

Quote Originally Posted by iburkhart13 View Post
    No, it looks closer to the second link I posted, but I appreciate your help!

I should be getting my RAM Mount parts tomorrow and I should be able to determine pretty quick whether the ball mount (your second link) will be correct. Hopeful that my brother can fab up a mounting bracket fairly easy. Let me know if you find something, though.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Greetings! I currently have a phone holder on my Permobil F3 chair, that was purchased as an option when I ordered the chair. The phone holder itself is by RAM. I am looking to get an additional mounting bracket, which I imagine wouldn't be difficult to find at any hardware store. However, I'm not sure where I could purchase the mounting ball that the phone holder attaches to, as shown (hopefully) in this pic:

https://permobilus.com/product/ram-x-gripphone-holder/#
    Bad news is the part that allows us to lock in on to the track is proprietary with Permobil wish someone would make some and sell them!

I had a cup holder break and got one on ebay for $15 and used the old fitting works perfect.

Same with the phone holder...Wish they made one smaller I would use it but this you lose use of the joystick swingaway...

I don't have the proprietary Permobil unitrack armrests. I have Ottobock arm troughs and that made it easy to make a bracket to mount my phone holder. Thanks to the OP, I finally figured out the parts that I needed and ordered them for my backup chair. Ram Mounts are definitely one of the best things for me. I use mine every day.