Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hip joint problem

This past Tuesday, I mailed my written appeal request to the Kaiser appeals department. They will make and provide me with a decision within 30 days. Once available, I will make sure to post their decision.

My appeal was denied, so I’m going to start shopping for an Easystand.

JESUS! It's so expensive to be crippled. It's never ending.
    Good luck shopping.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Here is one listed in our "for sale" forum:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...Stander-Medium

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

FYI - I'm Polio paralyzed, have sensation, and about 30 years ago felt a faint "pop" in my right hip while it was compressed by an orthotist making leg braces for me. I had no pain and didn't really get concerned about it. Over the years my right hip splays out a bit and I feel more comfortable using rigid side panels on my chair ("clothing protectors"). Doctors have said I have dislocated hip. However, it has never caused any discomfort and the side panel provides support for my hip.
    I guess I'd say I'm uncomfortable about the standing frame for someone with a known hip problem, but what do I know? Do you think it's worth getting a second opinion and/or additional information before using one?
    Hope you let us know how it goes - others may have this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    FYI - I'm Polio paralyzed, have sensation, and about 30 years ago felt a faint "pop" in my right hip while it was compressed by an orthotist making leg braces for me. I had no pain and didn't really get concerned about it. Over the years my right hip splays out a bit and I feel more comfortable using rigid side panels on my chair ("clothing protectors"). Doctors have said I have dislocated hip. However, it has never caused any discomfort and the side panel provides support for my hip.
    I guess I'd say I'm uncomfortable about the standing frame for someone with a known hip problem, but what do I know? Do you think it's worth getting a second opinion and/or additional information before using one?
    Hope you let us know how it goes - others may have this condition.
    As part of the treatment for my hip, I successfully used an EasyStand during my various physical therapy appointments.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Here is one listed in our "for sale" forum:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...Stander-Medium

(KLD)
    I bought one this weekend, but thanks anyway.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    JESUS! It's so expensive to be crippled. It's never ending.
    Good luck shopping.
    Thank you