Thread: Anu-med suppositories for hemorrhoids

Anu-med suppositories for hemorrhoids

Has anyone ever used Anu-med suppositories for hemorrhoid relief? I was going to try them but then I saw this warning

Risk in Patients with Autonomic Dysfunction The pressor response to adrenergic drugs, including Anu-Med Suppositories, can be increased in patients with autonomic dysfunction, as may occur with spinal cord injuries. More: https://www.ndrugs.com/?s=anu-med%20...ies&t=overdose
    More: https://www.ndrugs.com/?s=anu-med%20...ies&t=overdose
    I was injured 2 weeks after my 16th birthday on June 14th, 2004. My level of injury is C5 complete, but I can move my wrist.

My screen name comes from the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Hemorrhoid suppositories, creams, and wipes will not cure hemorrhoids, but may reduce swelling temporarily, and provide some pain relief. I have not seen their use increase the risks for AD, but AD can occur from hemorrhoid pain. If you try a suppository and it causes you AD, don't use them any more. If your hemorrhoids are causing you AD a lot, you may want to get a surgical treatment for them.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.