Thread: T12 Complete 12+ years now experiencing knee pain

T12 Complete 12+ years now experiencing knee pain

I'm a T12 complete injured back in 2005. I'm off all pain meds except OTC Aleve. I was formerly on Morphine Sulfate & Gabapentin

Recently my knees have begun to burn constantly with neuropathic pain. I wake with this pain and lingers throughout the day.

Should I restart with Gabapentin? Any other non-drug related actions I could take?

Would a FES cycle help in this situation?

Thank you.

Have you tried TENS? Lyrica? Tegretol?

Exercise helps some people with neuropathic pain due to the endorphins produced. Many people find that there neuropathic pain is worse in the winter if they don't stay warm, and fatigue makes it worse too, so be sure to get enough rest and sleep. Changes in health may also also be a problem...are you trying to heal up a pressure injury, get rid of a kidney stone, dealing with problems with constipation, etc.?

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.