Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ti lite tr

ti lite tr

ok I am not explaining this good but the curve part of the outer frame it sticks out past the seat pant almost 5 inches the front of my chair is 1 1/2 inches in front of my knew making transfer some times difficult

I don/t rember my old chair doing that

is that normal I don/t see it on other chair but ti tlie used the orginal cad so they say

The curve part is called the front angle bend. The distance from the back reset to where the front angle bend starts is called the frame depth. You can specify degree of the bend and the frame depth. Look at this post for more details.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ee-front-angle

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    ok I am not explaining this good but the curve part of the outer frame it sticks out past the seat pant almost 5 inches the front of my chair is 1 1/2 inches in front of my knew making transfer some times difficult

I don/t rember my old chair doing that

is that normal I don/t see it on other chair but ti tlie used the orginal cad so they say
    I have been told the curve starts 1.5 inches past the front of the seat and the front bend diameter is usually about 5 inches. I was going to buy one once but ultimately decided against it for reasons of preference - not because I thought the product was lacking.
    Everybody wants freedom.... They just don't want it for everybody else...

The old order form said the default distance from the front of the seat to the start of the bend is 1" (maybe it was 1.5"?). The new order form says that distance is 0.5". These are default values. You can request zero distance. You can even request a negative distance.

can you post a picture? and include what you're measuring.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

If you are saying the frame sticks out 1.5" past your knees, then no that is not right. As long as you have enough room in front of your cushion to grab the frame for transfers, any extra is wasted material in my opinion. I don't see any reason why the frame would need to stick out 1.5" past your knees. If this is a new chair and it wasn't built to the specs you agreed on, send it back. I made Tilite build me a second frame after messing the first one up. The second one was wrong too, but close enough to live with.

no cant post a picture measuring from the seat pan edge of cushion its way to late for tile to take back it was model cad from orginal but I do not rember the old chair sticking out that far

I might see about a new chair this year just was aking

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    I have been told the curve starts 1.5 inches past the front of the seat and the front bend diameter is usually about 5 inches. I was going to buy one once but ultimately decided against it for reasons of preference - not because I thought the product was lacking.
    yep that mine

When I got my Ti, they added an inch to the length because, why I do not know, but I think 'stability', but like you have found, that extra length comes at a cost in ease of transfers. They would not shorten the length because of their policy.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

How much TiLite adds or doesn't add to a chair seems like it has been a moving target through the years and it seems I recall that it can depend on chair design as well. To be safe, if you know exactly what you want, you can specify on your order that you want the bend to start at an exact point. It would seem that if one selects say, 1.5" that is what you would get, but you are not guaranteed; I was a stickler on this with my current chair and had a second CAD drawn and I made clear exactly where I wanted the bend to start after the seat.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982