Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pumping gas... Why?

Pumping gas... Why?

Why does pimping has have to be so difficult?

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Move to Oregon or New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDude View Post
    I'm guessing you might be talking about the automatic shutoff before your tank is full. I'm guessing early shutoff because I only learned what causes it, or how to combat it at my favorite station a few months ago. Dirty connection. Wipe the filler spout off first with a paper towel. I haven't wiped the filler hose rubber, but that is next when this fails.

Edit: clarified wording "I haven't wiped the filler hose rubber, but that is next when this fails."
    Last edited by nonoise; 11-30-2017 at 02:59 AM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I'm guessing you might be talking about the automatic shutoff before your tank is full. I'm guessing early shutoff because I only learned what causes it, or how to combat it at my favorite station a few months ago. Dirty connection. Wipe the filler spout off first with a paper towel. I haven't wiped the filler spout, but that is next when this fails.
    Another reason is a poor seal. Push the pump in fully so the accordion collar is fully contracted. If it is in it's normal expanded position it won't make a seal.

Cause ho's be crazy and try to keep that money!

Scott, that is so funny. I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    LMCAO

That there is funny. I don't care who you are.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

I had to laugh at that. What im saying.. there should be a way for is wheelers to pump gas that doesn't require us to get out of the car

I had to laugh at that. What im saying.. there should be a way for is wheelers to pump gas that doesn't require us to get out of the car
    Well depending on the station or store they would probably help you do that. If two people or more are working they should pump it for you. You may have to call inside and you may have to wait but its doable and The ADA mandates that pumps are accessible and while it does mandate someone pump the gas for you... well here is what is says

People with disabilities may find it difficult or impossible to use the controls, hose, or nozzle of a self-serve gas pump. As a result, at stations that offer both self and full service, people with disabilities might have no choice but to purchase the more expensive gas from a full-serve pump. At locations with only self-serve pumps, they might be unable to purchase gas at all.
    The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires self-serve gas stations to provide equal access to their customers with disabilities. If necessary to provide access, gas stations must -

• Provide refueling assistance upon the request of an individual with a disability. A service station or convenience store is not required to provide such service at any time that it is operating on a remote control basis with a single employee, but is encouraged to do so, if feasible.
    • Let patrons know (e.g., through appropriate signs) that customers with disabilities can obtain refueling assistance by either honking or otherwise signaling an employee.
    • Provide the refueling assistance without any charge beyond the self-serve price.

If you have additional questions concerning the ADA, you may call the Department of Justice's ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301 (voice) or (800) 514-0383 (TDD)