Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumping gas... Why?

Here in Minnesota we just need to honk and they will send someone out. You can also ask any person going in to the station to let them known you are in a wheelchair and will send someone out. Stores all offer carry out services also.

I found a local gas station that repairs cars in addition to selling gas. I try and go there for my car maintenance and gas (most of the time), they get to know me, and if I pull up to the pump in front, they send someone out. I have seen them do this for little old ladies also. You need to find a station that is more 'family owned' vs one that is turning over clerks all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDude View Post
    Why does pimping has have to be so difficult?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

I just feel at this day in age, everything is becoming automated. We shohld be able to pull in and have it just hook up to our cars. For me, the hard part is getting my chair between my van and the pump. Theres also the issue if the ramp

Funny story about a gimp and pump gas. So many times I am sitting in the front passenger seat. My chair is loaded in the back of our suv and my wife is pumping the gas. I get so many stares like people you lazy mother effer why is you wife pumping the gas. Haha they don't see my wheelchair does this happen to anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    Funny story about a gimp and pump gas. So many times I am sitting in the front passenger seat. My chair is loaded in the back of our suv and my wife is pumping the gas. I get so many stares like people you lazy mother effer why is you wife pumping the gas. Haha they don't see my wheelchair does this happen to anybody else.
    Why do you care that they stare? I am AB and female, and when I ride with a friend shotgun, I often pump gas for them, male or female. Screw them.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Do people wonder why you wash dishes for your wife? This is 2017! Women can pump gas just like any man can wash dishes. Time to move on beyond stereotypes.

Can we get back to the difficulties of pimpin'? lol