Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Party's over

Party's over

Tonight was my last night...After 17 years of me hanging out at this rathole, my workgroup is getting kicked out. I will miss the hidden anonymity and questionable workplace activities this joint offered:

I'll miss this place

Now that place that hands me money to show up somewhere says the 23rd floor of this monstrosity is where to be:

Seriously?

This is really going to suck having to keep up appearances because our group will now be in view of the 'real' portion of the company. Should be interesting come Wednesday when I will have to impersonate an actual employee. Anyone know if LaborWorld or similar has wheelchair people I can hire to impersonate me there? lol

Looks terrible Andy, are they sending you a message? What is it with that building. The first 18 or so floors look like a parking garage. Are the windows covered with something?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Dang, I empathize for you Andy. I can't imagine the traffic you're gonna have to fight to get to work everyday.

Do you drive your own car or take public transit to get to work now? To the new location?? Parking in downtown Chicago is $$$$$!!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    You will have a much larger pool of people to potentially sexually harass! Maybe if you bother enough people you can be Congressman, Senator or even President Andy! If not you can always become a high flyer in the entertainment industry.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Looks terrible Andy, are they sending you a message? What is it with that building. The first 18 or so floors look like a parking garage. Are the windows covered with something?
    It's a wire center with offices on top. Old place used to be in a ghetto, now it is yuppies, and the building was actually leased and not owned. All in the name of economy...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Dang, I empathize for you Andy. I can't imagine the traffic you're gonna have to fight to get to work everyday.
    One mile further south than before. Which actually will be a headache considering traffic patterns at times

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Do you drive your own car or take public transit to get to work now? To the new location?? Parking in downtown Chicago is $$$$$!!

(KLD)
    I'm on the second shift which is paying off yet again (except for days like today getting a 7am wake up call about my requested afternoon delivery of something). The parking garage next door has a evening rate that if you do monthly parking works out to $3/day. The day shift gets reamed at $18/day. Or you can take the train to the station across the street (which doesn't work too well with a wheelchair of course). There is still a pissing contest with me and my 'official job accommodation' that corporate real estate demanded I obtain to park in the tiny gated parking area, then refused to acknowledge. The theory was that corporate real estate was hoping that Sedgwick, the disability/accommodations vendor, would tell me to pound sand, but backfired when I played the game to my advantage. So now that went the way to corporate HR headquarters on that one. We'll hear what the latest excuse is why I cant park there is this week (they were doing a song and dance that an ADA spot could not be made there, I said I don't need one due to the layout there, I just need to be allowed access, so HR will be going back and forth to real estate again this week). Lots of drama on this move even beyond wheelchair accessibility, but at least it worked out better than the last location corporate real estate was going to jam us into, which effectively would terminate my employment due to a lack of reliable accessibility. Some serious exclusionary BS going on there which we've been fighting for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    You will have a much larger pool of people to potentially sexually harass! Maybe if you bother enough people you can be Congressman, Senator or even President Andy! If not you can always become a high flyer in the entertainment industry.
    I'll have my life size Trump cardboard cut-out on display to bring a sense of nationalistic unity to the workplace.
    Last edited by Andy; 11-27-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Lots of drama on this move even beyond wheelchair accessibility, but at least it worked out better than the last location corporate real estate was going to jam us into, which effectively would terminate my employment due to a lack of reliable accessibility. Some serious exclusionary BS going on there which we've been fighting for over a year.

I'll have my life size Trump cardboard cut-out on display to bring a sense of nationalistic unity to the workplace.
    Heil.... err, He'll buy you a building if you ask bigly enough, he's gonna MAGA for the little man on the street I just wanted to poke a little fun atcha Andy, I'm not political in any way whatsoever. My studies weren't in the liberal arts nor subsections thereof, such as puppetry.
    That's a mighty strange looking building, maybe they practice some of the finer rituals of freemasonry, all up in there. I hope it all works out for you. I will be back, I'm in a rush to get going, we have actual sunshine and warmth outside here today, gotta get fire blocks!

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    Heil.... err, He'll buy you a building if you ask bigly enough, he's gonna MAGA for the little man on the street I just wanted to poke a little fun atcha Andy, I'm not political in any way whatsoever. My studies weren't in the liberal arts nor subsections thereof, such as puppetry.
    That's a mighty strange looking building, maybe they practice some of the finer rituals of freemasonry, all up in there. I hope it all works out for you. I will be back, I'm in a rush to get going, we have actual sunshine and warmth outside here today, gotta get fire blocks!
    I'll let everyone in on a little secret...we have a direct link to the Kremlin in this building. Very useful for clandestine wire transfers to the Trump accounts, as well as getting orders from Putin. No windows to keep prying eyes from viewing the various nefarious rituals performed within.

http://www.chicagoarchitecture.info/...outh-Canal.php

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp View Post
    ...maybe they practice some of the finer rituals of freemasonry...
    My dad is all about the Masonic Lodge and it's another reason to be a little disgusted.

Would you take public transportation Andy? More environmental! lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

Would you take public transportation Andy? More environmental! lol
    Ewww, so plebeian! I haven't taken public transportation since I got my driver's license. I prefer to be rolling with my martini in hand aboard a private coach than stacked along side the scummy derelict masses in a cattle car.