Thread: In the market for a new powerchair

In the market for a new powerchair

Hi,

I am currently doing research before I buy a new powerchair. I am thinking about getting a standing wheelchair but base on my own research standing wheelchair breakdown easily doesn't matter which brand it is. Therefore, I am leaning towards adding a feature that can elevate my feet ( swollen feet) to the new chair.

I came across a chair called Frontier V6 and Frontier V6 hybrid . I wonder if anyone is familiar with them?

I currently owns a Quickie Full Freestyle which I don't like.

I want a chair that's reliable doesn't breakdown easily.

Has shock absortion.

Thanks

Canucks

Have you looked at Permobil F3 and F5 or M3?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Have you looked at Permobil F3 and F5 or M3?
    I had look up the reviews online. Most people say it is unreliable.

Canucks

i'm not sure which reviews on line you are reading, but I think you will find a whole different set of opinions if you search Permobil F3/5 and M3 on this forum. There are folks here who have ordered Permobil chairs over and over when it is time to replace their chairs. Some are on their 3rd and 4th Permobil chairs.

My durable medical equipment supplier wheelchair techs would tell you that of all of the chairs they work on the Permobils are the easiest to service and most reliable chairs they encounter and support from Permobil is excellent. I'd say don't discount Permobil out of hand. Ask your durable medical equipment supplier to arrange long term demo models for your consideration.
    Last edited by gjnl; 11-29-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    i'm not sure which reviews on line you are reading, but I think you will find a whole different set of opinions if you search Permobil F3/5 and M3 on this forum. There are folks here who have ordered Permobil chairs over and over when it is time to replace their chairs. Some are on their 3rd and 4th Permobil chairs.

My durable medical equipment supplier wheelchair techs would tell you that of all of the chairs they work on the Permobils are the easiest to service and most reliable chairs they encounter and support from Permobil is excellent. I'd say don't discount Permobil out of hand. Ask your durable medical equipment supplier to arrange long term demo models for your consideration.
    I will look into it further.

Thanks