Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wise Young shows CNS regeneration using umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Nice fair response GRAMMY I just want it to be known that the question was for FPF, im interested
    I don't feel anything other than I have seen no animal data to support the claim (in the title of this thread) of long distance regeneration of CNS/spinal tracts. If someone else has had the fortune of seeing this data feel free to share. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    I don't feel anything other than I have seen no animal data to support the claim (in the title of this thread) of long distance regeneration of CNS/spinal tracts. If someone else has had the fortune of seeing this data feel free to share. It's really that simple.
    Yup, I haven't seen animal data to suggest cns regeneration but don't the human slides showing regeneration of spinal tracts trump animal slides anyway
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

@FPF: I'll take "Why did the FDA require a stem cell safety study? for $200 dollars...

Yup, I haven't seen animal data to suggest cns regeneration but don't the human slides showing regeneration of spinal tracts trump animal slides anyway
    What do you think?

What do you think?

What do I think... Yes. I think the human slides showing regeneration Trump animal studies looking to confirm the same thing. Now I am questioning if 'mere' spinal cord regeneration alone correlates to functional recovery without a rehab factor... That is slowly becoming a question for me now that wise Apparently already thought of

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

What do I think... Yes. I think the human slides showing regeneration Trump animal studies looking to confirm the same thing. Now I am questioning if 'mere' spinal cord regeneration alone correlates to functional recovery without a rehab factor... That is slowly becoming a question for me now that wise Apparently already thought of
    No imaging technology available today is powerful enough to show spinal tracts in humans.

But if you think the images of "some white matter" give you evidence of regenerated tracts then why isn't this all over the news? Especially when animal studies showing non-functional regeneration of spinal tracts get front page news! Do you not ever wonder this?

I am not going to give you answer but I am sure you can read between the lines - I hope.

I "conveniently" left it out of my mind or honestly wasn't aware that no imaging technology is powerful enough to show 'spinal tracts' in humans. I am admittedly a novice on the highly technical jargon. When I read that "fiber bundles" are growing, I don't know the difference between that and "spinal tracts"... Please school me (not being sarcastic)
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 11-27-2017 at 11:07 PM.

No imaging technology available today is powerful enough to show spinal tracts in humans.
    Is this fact or just your opinion? Serious question, excuse my ignorance.

Is this what you are talking about? (Note: this image has nothing to do with/nor any association to Wise Young and or this UCBMC study. Just something I found on the web)

Here is Jerry Silver's post re DTI being able to show regeneration:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?139662-ChinaSCINet-Update&p=1546642&viewfull=1#post1546642

And here is Wise Young's response:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?139662-ChinaSCINet-Update&p=1546779&viewfull=1#post1546779

We are submitting a manuscript reporting our study of 8 spinal-injured subjects before and after umbilical cord blood mononuclear cell transplants, 8 normal subjects, and several untreated complete and incomplete spinal cord injury, correlating the DTI findings with neurological examinations. The best time for this discussion would be after we have submitted the work for publication although I would be very happy to share the data with you privately. Based on the data, I believe that MR DTI will be very useful for detecting white matter regrowth chronic spinal cord injury. I obviously cannot talk about this data in a public forum until it has been accepted in a peer-review journal.

Wise

Maybe Jim has access to this manuscript now as 5 years have passed since that post?