Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wise Young shows CNS regeneration using umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells

Wise Young shows CNS regeneration using umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells

Wise' presentation at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GcS...ew?usp=sharing is the first verified CNS nerve regeneration info we've seen. His procedure being:

1. filter out mononuclear cells from HLA-matched umibilical cord blood
    2. open the spinal cord dura
    3. inject the mononuclear cells 3mm into the dorsal root above and below the injury site
    4. use lithium carbonate (maybe/maybe not) to stimulate nerve regrowth - still trialling this plus other grow factors
    5. wait for nerves to regenerate at a 0.5m-1mm / day rate

In private comms, Wise has indicated they'll do further trials injecting into the injury site and below it.

I'm baffled why scientists have been playing with stem cells (2 decades) & cord blood (3-4 decades) and not found this info earlier.

EDIT: @lunasicc42, figured the thread was too important to allow forum title changes get in the way of people seeing it.

Last edited by Pauly1; 11-26-2017 at 12:50 PM.

you beat me to it... I was trying to figure out how to edit the title of my original thread to no avail but then I saw that you did it for us. Thanks man
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Anthony, do you believe this or just want to believe it? Do you not wonder why there's no animal histology data showing spinal tract regeneration to look at after all of these years? Isn't that a red flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post
    Wise' presentation at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GcS...ew?usp=sharing is the first verified CNS nerve regeneration info we've seen.

I'm baffled why scientists have been playing with stem cells (2 decades) & cord blood (3-4 decades) and not found this info earlier.
    I'm sure they are stunned and kicking themselves for letting the Nobel prize slip through their fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Anthony, do you believe this or just want to believe it? Do you not wonder why there's no animal histology data showing spinal tract regeneration to look at after all of these years? Isn't that a red flag?

I was under the impression that wises lab are doing or did do animal studies, they just did it in a messed up/confused way. I was under the impression that they started human studies first and when they started to see promising results they did animal studies kinda mid-human trial to have some animal studies to show because I havent seen any official animal studies documented by wises lab but in quite a few of Jims posts he has used language like they have done some animal studies... But now my question is that there are talks and videos by wise so do you think that he is lying or over-inflating the results thus far... Yes I admit that I want to believe it but I wouldn't say that I believe it for no good reason
    Last edited by lunasicc42; 11-26-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typographical error

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I was under the impression that wises lab are doing or did do animal studies, they just did it in a messed up/confused way. I was under the impression that they started human studies first and when they started to see promising results they did animal studies kinda mid-human trial to have some animal studies to show because I have seen any official animal studies documented by wises lab but in quite a few of Jims posts he has used language like they have done some animal studies... But now my question is that there are talks and videos by wise so do you think that he is lying or over-inflating the results thus far... Yes I admit that I want to believe it but I wouldn't say that I believe it for no good reason
    I don’t know the answer but there’s been ample opportunity to share animal data showing long distance regeneration of spinal tracts don’t you think? Some MRI scans of these subjects can’t really prove it unfortunately. Maybe Jim will share the animal data that was submitted to the US regulators at some point.

Yes I am waiting for Jim to reply to this thread too now so now maybe he can clear some stuff up

lol, tell us how you really feel bro... Do you think wise is being a huckster... I can understand you being hesitant about believing someone claiming cns regeneration tho'. We are just approaching the possibility different

you beat me to it... I was trying to figure out how to edit the title of my original thread to no avail but then I saw that you did it for us. Thanks man
    Nothing was wrong with the first titled thread you put up. It didn't need to be put up a 2nd time with a hyped title and introduction.

I was under the impression that wises lab are doing or did do animal studies, they just did it in a messed up/confused way. I was under the impression that they started human studies first and when they started to see promising results they did animal studies kinda mid-human trial to have some animal studies to show because I havent seen any official animal studies documented by wises lab but in quite a few of Jims posts he has used language like they have done some animal studies... But now my question is that there are talks and videos by wise so do you think that he is lying or over-inflating the results thus far... Yes I admit that I want to believe it but I wouldn't say that I believe it for no good reason
    Wise, in the film clearly explained all the animals studies that needed yet to be run and why he thinks it's important and necessary to do them. The FDA also requires additional animal studies and data from time to time before proceeding.

I don't think Wise is lying or over-inflating results. I do however think it's problematic when others add exaggerated wording for publicity impact while he's seeking FDA approvals. He cannot be party to soliciting patients and making promises of extraordinary outcomes. That's a non-starter and taken serious by the FDA.

Wise has been ultra careful to describe the growth fiber bundles and said he wants to do more animal studies on that. Fair enough.

In fact, in several key segments he talks about doing additional animal studies to understand the mechanisms of what he's seeing and to be able to explain them (fiber growth, MP and Lithium...) for clarity. There's a lot he doesn't claim to know until more work is done. The research community and general public respects and understands that. What can create a problem is over stating things without him having all the evidence gathered and verified.

lol, tell us how you really feel bro... Do you think wise is being a huckster... I can understand you being hesitant about believing someone claiming cns regeneration tho'. We are just approaching the possibility different
    I don't see it as Wise laying claim to conquering the holy grail of CNS regeneration at all. He was very articulate in describing the cells, what he thought they were doing and why (along with the lack of people for studies with MP and Lithium in the one segment). I think potential issues develop when people try to over-interpret and convey what he's saying to garner publicity and excitement in a problematic way while awaiting FDA approval. In science and research, words matter. In fact his words matter a lot during FDA public exploratory for clinical trial approvals. Likewise, negative labels used on researchers also makes it more difficult to get the approval to move forward. Perhaps using ones better judgement on a public forum is called for. Much more will be learned about these cells in the future with the additional animal studies, peer reviewed publications/data and clinical trials.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-27-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Nice fair response GRAMMY I just want it to be known that the question was for FPF, im interested