Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A facebook post by NIA

Thanks Pat .. I went back in our convo and he mentioned Dawson's Creek but then the hamlet in NWT later on ... He did mention it was harsh weather too so I'm still concerned that he's going to go on but still cheering too.

Thanks again Pat for getting to the bottom of it - it's members like you that make this place awesome!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

2 of my spokes came off today while i was wheeling to the bike shop. I put them back and continue wheeling.

It's closed. Of course, its sunday. ��

Ill try again tomorrow before i try fixing it up myself. I notice that some of the thread on the spokes wore off, probably the cause. See if electrical tape would help. I wish i have some loctite.

I dont intend to burden you guys. Really. But its very kind of you guys.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Ok so, we went allll the way to Prince George. The spoke came off the 2nd time. So I decided to fix it myself.

The problem is that some of the spoke'z thread wore off. I somehow managed to force the nuts in. It isnt well balanced, but it'll hold off.

It seems sturdy, but it's leaning towards the left side. I couldnt find an address where I can ship the wheels. Can you guys spare the help for next time? I really see this wheel is gonna break down the road but right now i can manage. 😁

Ive wasted 2 weeks of effort going back to prince george for nothing. Aaaaaaa
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

You should be able to have tires shipped "General Delivery" to a post office in a town where you will be. The post office holds these packages for you to pick up. Alternatively, you could make arrangements with a bike shop to accept a package for you and hold it for you to pick up.

Worried about you breaking down away from town and support services and being stranded in bad weather.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I sent this thread off to some guys I know at BC Sports and included Nia in the email. I'm sure they'll contact the guys who are in Prince George and close by for assistance in getting him what he needs. If he wants it that is.

He has been offered a new set of Spox wheels but seems reluctant to take us up on the offer. I sold him the round Betty's years ago. I'm sure they are pretty well worn out by now. Wheels are like shoes when doing a long trek; they wear out and need replacing. I forget how many chairs and wheels Rick went thru when he wheeled around the World. I have little doubt we sent him at least a dozen pairs of wheels and at least 4 chairs he wore out.

Trustfully the guys up North will rally 'round him once they know he's there. They are all good friends and know they will go the distance ensuring he gets to the next point well prepared. I wish I could do more but until he responds; all I can do is trust he's okay.
    Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 11-27-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Excellent Pat. Thanks for being you and offering this help
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The right people have been contacted in Prince George where he's at now and will make contact with him later today and tomorrow. Will post more as events unfold. He's safe, warm and dry. Everything else is being taken care of. I'm sure Nia fully appreciates all of you for your concern and support.