Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A facebook post by NIA

A facebook post by NIA

It looks as though Nia has run into some kind of health issue while on the road. His last post on Facebook indicated that he was in an emergency room. Unable to determine from where but, he was close to Lake Charlie in upper Canada near the Alaskan Highway. He has been posting to his followers on facebook and in his native language. Here is his most recent post:

Nia Koehn
    1 hr ?

Janji pada diri bahawa kalau aku mati hari ini kau tidak akan jadi seperti ku yang manusia lain pandang hinanya aku bodohnya aku celakanya aku sampahnya aku kerana aku tidak mampu lihat kau begitu.
    Janji pada diri bahawa kalau aku pergi hari ini kau tidak akan membontoti jejak kaki ku yang manusia lain lihatkan tempangnya aku cacatnya aku celanya aku kerana aku tidak mampu lihat kau begitu.
    Janji pada diri bahawa kalau aku sudah hilang roh dicabut jasad kau akan sentiasa dito...
    See More
    Promise yourself that if i die today, you won't be like me the other man to look at me. I'm so stupid.

Promise yourself that if i leave today you will not membontoti my footprints that other men see tempangnya I'm stain I celanya me because I can't see you so.

Promise yourself that if i have lost the spirit you will always be watching so beautiful. You are so beautiful you are sweet you are your noble cause.

Promise yourself that
    Don't lancangkan yourself again.

- Squares, squares.

Best wishes to him.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Thanks! Checked out Facebook page and sent him a message. Looks like he's a talented graphic artist.

Boy, I hope he's okay. Was getting things together to get him a set of Spox wheels to continue on with his journey.

Blog Entries
    Pat, just got this from him on FB...
    John Baxter Nia Koehn what town are you in so I can google earth it...are you still in hospital and how/where is your dog?
    ? Reply ? 3 mins
    Manage

Nia Koehn Got out of hospital already. Some shelter let us stayed for a while. My RB spoke got loose, need to go for repair, but the bike shop i went to "doesnt repair wheelchair wheels", whatever that means...

do you know where he is at to mail the wheels? he just told me he was working with you via email... he has RB ?? wheels, can't find anything thru google on them, need more info... hub width, offset, axle size, etc all may be different he tried a bike shop but they were NO help
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 11-25-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: additional info

Oh I'm sorry to hear this! I will try to connect on FB. I don't want to get into his personal issues .. but he's had some tragedies. This is just another kick

Sent a friend request and asked if there's anything we can do for him as a group ... awaiting a reply. Feel badly for the luck he's had.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Just had a half hour chat with Nia on facebook as we are now connected.

When he isn't in the tent, he stays at local shelters (I can't imagine too many are accessible - in fact, probably none!) He's running on a broken wheel and the brake doesn't work because of the wheel. I told him twice to please let us know if there is anything we can do and we could scrape up parts or something. He's on a six month tourist visa with four months to go in Canada, then he'll cross into Alaska. When I was chatting, a nice trucker was giving him a lift to Tuktoyaktuk (north west territories).

If Pat's plan to send wheels falls through, I have a set of SPOX on my current chair and am hoping to get a new one before Christmas so said I could send those and I'll even put new wheels on them, but that won't be for a month or more.

Someone called 911 at a shelter because he started to have chest pains. The shelter kept the dog for him, he was released on the same day. Dog's still with him.

Going back to Malaysia would be cost-prohibitive for now ... I read an article yesterday that Canada plans to loosen up our immigration rules to allow the disabled and sick to come here. I told him that .. hope he follows through or looks into it as healthcare would be covered after 6 months here.

He plans on going to the Rockies after all of this. Man, that guy's spirit!

I did ask Nia if I could share that info above and he did say yes (so I had permission!)

I told him twice and I'll say it again - reach out if we can help with something Nia!

He's running Round Betty's with disc brakes. I'm not familiar with either.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 11-26-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Cool Lynnifer, you are so gracious and thoughtful. We should hook up some time for coffee or lunch. I'm over in Grosse Ile, across from Amherstberg.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

OMGoodness not far at all! I dispatched for LaSalle and Amherstburg when I was working. I'd love to sometime, though I have yet to get my passport and can't get across without it! lol Had a grade school reunion today and my friend was coming from Sterling Heights ... I don't know Michigan very well because I find it dangerous lol!

Nia sent me an email also with a short video of him riding in a truck towards, I assume, Dawson Creek. I think I have it under control Lynnifer. I spoke with my good friend who owns Advanced Mobility stores in BC about getting him set up with a good set of wheels. He'll be able to send them also so will make it easier.

We have a good group here on CC. I'll keep everyone informed as I find out more. He's going to be okay. He knows what he's doing and there's good people in that area. If I have issues with getting the wheels Lynnifer, I'll let you know. That's a very kind offer.