Thread: Firefox 57

Firefox 57

I am not liking Firefox 57. The changes have rendered most of the old add-ons useless, and time will tell which ones will be reprogrammed to work with this version. There are some other differences in how it works compared to previous versions which I'm also not liking.

It's not even letting me download new add-ons.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

It would not work on my computer, just froze. Upgraded to Firefox Nightly 59 and works fine.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Blog Entries
    I use linux LMDE mostly, and Mint on laptops. So the upgrade came at me a few days ago and I lost most of my add ons also. Later that night, they had a minor update/fix and I got that, as trying some of the 'newer' add ons locked it up and I would have to restart the UI/desktop to get it to work again. Well, I tried a hand full of the 'newer' you tube video down loaders and none of them work. The RT(news) add on hasn't been updated yet either. I am going to wait it out for a while. I had used Opera for almost 20 yrs until the last year, when I just started using firefox solely because it came preinstalled with the versions of Linux I use. Getting lazy lol. FTR, I had 17 add ons that I had to remove and only 3 that supposedly continued to work, one, an add blocker, that isn't blocking as much. Whereas before, I wasn't getting any adds. Being a hughes net user, this is of vital importance. That's why I use you tube downloaders, to get them between 2-8am. WelP...back to patiently waiting

Blog Entries
    Found a You Tube video down loader and add blocker in one I have been using it for about an hour and have 5 simultaneous downloads going at present, have 4 others finished works great and it has a built in ad blocker... not sure about it because I still have ABP add blocker plus installed and working. go get it! https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/smarttube/

I am still using 56, and have been resisting all the "reminders" to upgrade to 57. I think I will continue to not "upgrade" until I hear that they have corrected all these problems.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    On my desktop computer, which I use most of the time, I have a dual boot setup. I regularly use LMDE and keep it up to date. I also have Mint 18.2 which I have retained the older version of Firefox until it is all sorted out.. I can reboot between the two in a bout a minute if I need to go use the old. I carry around a few usb drives on my keyring, with one having 15 different OSes in a multiboot format on it,. plug it in and boot from which ever you choose. That's the joy of linux. Keep in mind, all the software comes preloaded with each version and it is all free. All you have to do is download it. It's kind of like I used to have 7 different motorcycles right before I got injured. Each one had different qualities, but I liked them all. You can put every bit of software on any operating system BUT, why carry your house on your back when you go for a walk in the woods.