Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shower/commode chair

Shower/commode chair

I'm 6'7" and looking for recommendations for a new shower chair. Anyone tall feel almost comfortable while showering?

What type? Rolling (self propelled or attendant propelled)? Tub bench? Slider system?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Blog Entries
    For 6 years I had a roll in shower with a bench made of 2 x 4's (had 4 legs connected to each other on the floor with 2x4's, you could move it around,wasn't built in, (moved it out to dry) built with about 4 inches of dump and I would lean back against the wall. I use a few layers of 1/2" thick camping/sleeping pad to sit on. I felt very comfortable and safe in it. Now I get in and out of a tub and wish I had the use of the old set up again. I'm 6'2" and only used a shower chair with the cut out in the seat for about 4 months after injury. Yeah, I'm too long for the tub but it is all I have lol.

E&J Shower/Commode with 24" rear wheels.

http://www.grahamfield.com/Medical_P...3&g=10&p=8&v=1

Sorry. Self propelled rolling.

Check out both Nuprodx and Raz Design. They both offer significant customization on their rolling shower chairs. Not cheap, but good quality.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc1 View Post
    Sorry. Self propelled rolling.
    I'm 6'2" and find this rolling shower chair to be comfortable and stable. I've used it for almost seven years.

Activeaid model 624 ss
    Serial number 110865

I don't know if they still make this model.

The original seat part number was 60850 but I replaced it with optional seat "flat comfort top" number 60993, softerand more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by endo_aftermath View Post
    I'm 6'2" and find this rolling shower chair to be comfortable and stable. I've used it for almost seven years.

Activeaid model 624 ss
    Serial number 110865

I don't know if they still make this model.

The original seat part number was 60850 but I replaced it with optional seat "flat comfort top" number 60993, softerand more durable.
    I use the 624 also, just not the stainless steel one. Just bought a new one after 12 years of use on the old one.

Definitely the active aid model 624 quality product. I have been selling active aid products for years. Great quality product pricey yes but your receiving a quality product that will last for years.

Are they selling these again? I know they weren't for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    E&J Shower/Commode with 24" rear wheels.

http://www.grahamfield.com/Medical_P...3&g=10&p=8&v=1