Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First head transplant in Dec-2017: future cure=transplanted head on cloned body?

First head transplant in Dec-2017: future cure=transplanted head on cloned body?

Sergio Canavero claims he can make you immortal, but there?s a small catch. He first wants to chop off your head.

If that?s not a deal-breaker, you?ll be happy to hear that the Italian neurosurgeon has announced he will perform the world?s first human head transplant in China sometime in December. (He?s vague on details, possibly for security reasons.) He will remove the head of a patient?an unidentified Chinese national?and attach it to a donor body, origin (and cause of death) unknown. The spinal cord will be fused and the blood vessels and muscles attached. The patient?same head, new body?will be kept in a coma for around a month while he (or she?) heals. Canavero says that if successful, his patient will eventually be able to walk again.

http://www.newsweek.com/head-transpl...olution-709332

My bet is they never go through with it. If they do, I hope the surgeon can be charged for murder because that's definitely what it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    My bet is they never go through with it. If they do, I hope the surgeon can be charged for murder because that's definitely what it will be.
    I agree.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

"He eventually found something else that excited him. After a skiing accident left a woman paralyzed in 2005—her spinal cord was completely severed—surgeons in the U.S. removed the damaged part and filled the gap with collagen, hoping the ends would fuse together naturally. A year and a half after the surgery, the woman could move her legs again."

Need more information on this!

I doubt her cord was severed, very often misreported.
    Last edited by Jim; 11-17-2017 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Looks like they've had a practice run:

https://www.unilad.co.uk/science/wor...y-carried-out/

"However, earlier this year, 31-year-old Spiridonov, who suffers from a muscle-wasting disease, said he would no longer be volunteering for the ground-breaking operation, adding ‘a weight lifted off my chest’."

Not a fan of the Daily Fail but:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-surgery.html
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    No, the article you just posted says they've practiced on dead bodies but the live bodies are imminent. They're hyping the story is all...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-18-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    No, the article you just posted says they've practiced on dead bodies but the live bodies are imminent. They're hyping the story is all...
    Probably accurate, they won't be live for long so actually practicing on dead bodies.