Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new video presentation by wise

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Jim,
    This may be a dumb question but how safe and hard is the surgery? I mean the actual procedure not the cells. Is it dangerous or hard for the patient?
    Lee, there were two adverse advents related to the surgery. The surgeons took too long to complete the first surgery so the patient lost a lot of cerebral spinal fluid. He had a bad headache for a few days until it was replenished.

Second event- surgery site of the patient would not heal. They found out he was sharing meals with his family and wasn't getting enough protein. They fed them all and it healed.

Hi, Were any of the subject incomplete prior to their surgery? I'm thinking if a complete injured person could gain, so much from Dr. Wise therapy, would a incomplete person not gain much more?
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan1 View Post
    Hi, Were any of the subject incomplete prior to their surgery? I'm thinking if a complete injured person could gain, so much from Dr. Wise therapy, would a incomplete person not gain much more?

Have to wait another 20+ yrs for it to happen anyways....might as well just keep on what you're doing and not worry about it

negative thoughts....
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan1 View Post
    negative thoughts....
    Ignore him man! Always think POSITIVE!!!

Last edited by Pauly1; 11-26-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Barrington, I have heard some things but have no way of validating.

One image showed growth up to the brainstem, others, down to the CPG, The images are in the paper- http://www.ingentaconnect.com/search...ize=10&index=7

Animal studies have shown rivers of axons growing through the glial 'scar', we now have the same evidence in humans. The next step would be to add growth factors to the cell injections.
    I can't believe this ... going to investigate later tomorrow night on this. If true, excellent news. Still torn on scar between Silver and Young who disagree on it.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly1 View Post
    @lunasicc42, would you mind retitleing this thread? Something along the lines of "video: wise Young shows CNS regeneration using umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells".

It may then get some more interest since it's once of the first verified CNS nerve regeneration info we've seen. Wise' presentation is easy to follow.

I'm baffled why scientists have been playing with stem cells (2 decades) & cord blood (3-4 decades) and not found this info earlier.
    What?