Thread: Just heard about this... It's Apparently like crispr

Just heard about this... It's Apparently like crispr

I don't know if it could have any implications in sci research. I just found it interesting ... Hoping that it could somehow be applied to sci

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techa...ent/ar-BBEYUjW
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I also read this article in a different website and I am not smart enough to say this could help SCI but hopefully it does.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    I also read this article in a different website and I am not smart enough to say this could help SCI but hopefully it does.

Same... With what little I do know about gene editing stuff I think it could be used to help alleviate acute sci but not chronic... I hope to be wrong tho
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

This is editing DNA right? And our DNA is still the same, no?

From reading a bunch of articles on crispr, this article seems to be discussing the way they are delivering the genes that has been edited. Crispr is how they slice the DNA with RNA. Then they deliver the edited genes via a modified virus so it spreads across your body.

For this to work with spinal cord injuries, they'd need to:

A) know the specific gene that prevents the central nervous system from repairing itself

B) turn it off? And then use a gene known in other animals that does repair the spinal cord, or reactivate the human gene that's switches off after growing the spinal cord.

C) Then cross your fingers lol.
    Last edited by Buttabean; 11-16-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Joe T.