Thread: Carnival Pride Review

Carnival Pride Review

Last year I took a Royal Caribbean cruise from Florida. I really do not enjoy the whole flying situation. I live in PA and was thinking about cruising from Baltimore. Just wondering if anyone had any input on the Carnival Pride that leaves from there. I use a power wheelchair for my mobility. Thank you.

You might want to post on the Disabled Cruisers forum on CruiseCritic.com to see what others there have to say. We avoided both Carnival and NCL because you get what you pay for on these cheaper cruise lines compared to HAL/Princess/RCCL/Celebrity.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I live in Northeastern, Pa. and we like going out of Bayonne, New Jersey. Great port and really easy for wheelchair users. They have a new covered parking ramp next to the terminal. Easy to drop off luggage and park. We take Royal and Celebrity out of there. I don't believe Carnival goes there. Baltimore is OK but a tough city. You really need to go down the night before if you go out of there. Best of luck. P.S. Try the Anthem of the Seas. An amazing ship out of Bayonne.

Also depends on what kind of atmoshpere you like on your cruise. We prefer Celebrity its a little more refined and laid back..RCCL has some new amazing ships with more going on ( more kids ) but fun stuff all day / night.

We took that cruise last spring and had a great time.

At the Nassau stop, the town is right next to the cruise terminal and is reasonably accessible.
    In Freeport the town is a ways away and it might be difficult finding an accessible taxi.

I use a manual chair but a power chair should be fine.
    The room and roll in shower was quite usable.

The only downside was that there was a seven inch threshold on the veranda door of our room to get out on the deck.
    Some of the accessible rooms do not have a threshold to the balcony but ours did.

So be aware of that when booking.

Good Luck,
    Jeff
    Doh!