Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coffee cup burn on thigh

I don't understand your post or if you have an ulterior motive. You post with a burn and ask for help. You are given help by nurses and then you ignore their recommendations in favor of your own aloe remedy that you were doing before you even posted.

Is the point of your post to show off aloe's healing effects? If so, say that and be clear about it. Something just rubs me the wrong way about how you ask for help, receive answers, ignore it, and post about how great you are doing.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Slow-runner didn't ask for help, juniorsenior. Maybe the part that you misunderstood was where he wrote, "I will change the aloe poultice(?) daily...", but the question mark was regarding the use of the word "poultice" to describe the pieces of aloe vera that were taped down against his skin. It wasn't a question asking whether or not he should apply the poultice in question. There was no ambiguity. He clearly documented the successful use of aloe vera in treating his own personal injury.
    Last edited by Vintage; 11-30-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Hello Junior. I would hazard a guess that your post was a caustic reaction due to your poor comprehension skills. Relax and re-read with a less jaundiced attitude.
    The post was to illustrate my foolishness and as a caution to others. Also to illustrate the healing qualities of my organic remedy that I have on hand. I was not seeking advice but it was given by SCI -Nurse, acknowledged and appreciated. If the results of my treatment were less than expected I would have, willingly and with haste, deferred to the medical advice offered.

Conventional medicine, organic or in parallel? Good medicine is useful wherever its source.
    Thankfully I can still choose where and when.

There are many different ways to "skin the cat", so to speak. I appreciate your candor and the documentation. You are lucky to be able to go out back and cut your own aloe!
    I believe that traditional medicine blended with non-traditional (although I am not sure that aloe falls into this category) is often times the best medicine.
    Thank you for sharing and for your open candor.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.