Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So I am patching my ROHO

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I ageee they aren?t ideal for everyone. I?ve used them and Stimulite cushions off and on for the past 12 years and have come to accept certain compromises in exchange for certain benefits. Have yet to find ?The One Cushion to Rule Them All?!
    While it's true that every cushion has it's own pros and cons, the ROHO tends to fail much quicker than others. The bigger problem is that it doesn't fail gracefully. When it fails, you have a big problem on your hands that you have to address then and there - you're sitting on your upholstery because the cushion went flat. Do you really want this liability, especially when you are traveling or for work? I like the cushion. But it's too problematic for me. Fortunately it never failed during traveling. If it did I would have been royally screwed. It did fail at work and I had to take the day off just to fix my cushion. I never used it as my primary cushion after then. If others have had better luck, good for them. But that doesn't change the fact that an inflatable cushion is inherently unreliable. I was hoping the cover could be changed to make it more reliable. But if not, then what?
    Last edited by August West; 11-14-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    They even warn against putting anything else between your butt and the cover, like a towel. It greatly affects the therapeutic and preventative value of the cushion.
    Really? How about pants?

Obviously "August West" has a real dislike of and irritation with the Roho Cushion and is out to sabotage and dissuade any of us from using the brand in any way he can. Just let that be said, straight out.

Many of us have been using Roho cushions of one type or another for a very long time (me, for instance, for over 12 years, with very few and manageable problems).. I think any single individual's experience with Roho cushions has many dependent factors that are unique to each of us individually.

So now "August West" we know that you have a uniquely individual problem that may not be as much of a problem for many of us. Just trying to put a fair spin on an otherwise biased, by something, one person's opinion and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Obviously "August West" has a real dislike of and irritation with the Roho Cushion and is out to sabotage and dissuade any of us from using the brand in any way he can. Just let that be said, straight out.

Many of us have been using Roho cushions of one type or another for a very long time (me, for instance, for over 12 years, with very few and manageable problems).. I think any single individual's experience with Roho cushions has many dependent factors that are unique to each of us individually.

So now "August West" we know that you have a uniquely individual problem that may not be as much of a problem for many of us. Just trying to put a fair spin on an otherwise biased, by something, one person's opinion and experience.
    BS. Stop gaslighting. What's with you and the love affair with Roho? They give you freebies? You owe them something? My loyalty is to the people here not a company. It goes without saying that tires get flats. It goes without saying that Rohos get flats. Arguing that is foolish. Trying to minimize it by saying I have a unique problem shows you're unreasonable and with bias. Don't tell me you don't know that many others have the same complaints. You know this and yet you make these statements that I am alone. I have respect for your research and support of this community. But you aren't earning any more with foolish statements like saying I am the only one with a Roho going flat. Quite the opposite. If you managed to go 12 years with just a couple flats, that is exceptional not the norm. Any reasonable person with experience with Rohos knows they are a good cushion (I have said that before so you know I don't have an axe to grind) but have a serious pitfall. I call it like it is. You know what I am saying is factual and yet you are spinning it for whatever reason you have. Why? Where is your loyalty?
    Last edited by August West; 11-28-2017 at 12:17 AM.

r
    Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    BS. Stop gaslighting. What's with you and the love affair with Roho? They give you freebies? You owe them something? My loyalty is to the people here not a company. It goes without saying that tires get flats. It goes without saying that Rohos get flats. Arguing that is foolish. Trying to minimize it by saying I have a unique problem shows you're unreasonable and with bias. Don't tell me you don't know that many others have the same complaints. You know this and yet you make these statements that I am alone. I have respect for your research and support of this community. But you aren't earning any more with foolish statements like saying I am the only one with a Roho going flat. Quite the opposite. If you managed to go 12 years with just a couple flats, that is exceptional not the norm. Any reasonable person with experience with Rohos knows they are a good cushion (I have said that before so you know I don't have an axe to grind) but have a serious pitfall. I call it like it is. You know what I am saying is factual and yet you are spinning it for whatever reason you have. Why? Where is your loyalty?
    You are just over the top. Give it a rest, we know your opinion.

Are you being paid by the company that produces the cushion you use to denigrate the competition, to continuously berate Roho?

Love affair with Roho, freebies, owe them something, give me a break...none of those accusations hold up, just good experience.

I've not singled you out and said that you are the only one with a negative experience, those our your words, your twist of the phrase of what I have written.

I really don't care to debate this with you any further. Your accusations and innuendos are tiresome. You are just using any number of nefarious arguments to discredit me and my opinion. Members of this forum are smarter than to fall into the arguments you offer and traps you set. I'm out. Detente.
    Last edited by gjnl; 11-28-2017 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    You are just over the top. Give it a rest, we know your opinion.
    Are you being paid by the company that produces the cushion you use to denigrate the competition, to continuously berate Roho?
    There's the pot calling the kettle black. Classic. You know someone's out of steam when they need to attack the messenger rather than stay on topic. You go from gaslighting to I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I? to ad hominem. Childish. How old are you?
    Last edited by August West; 11-28-2017 at 03:16 AM.

Please stop the personal attacks, everyone! We will need to lock this thread if it continues. Take your personal disagreements to PMs, please.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I have no desire to make this personal. But I won't accept a cyberbully.

I stand behind my words. Roho makes a good cushion but the fact that it's inflatable is problematic. How can anyone argue that? All else after that was to substantiate and defend my original point. Ultimately I was under attack and had to defend not my words but myself.