Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin does not recognize special characters

vBulletin does not recognize special characters

Why doesn't vBulletin software recognize simple special characters like the degree symbol? You know the little circle superior to the numbers. Type 75? and you get 75?, not the little superior circle.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Why doesn't vBulletin software recognize simple special characters like the degree symbol? You know the little circle superior to the numbers. Type 75? and you get 75?, not the little superior circle.

? ?

Alt 0176

Dammit .. never noticed that before.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Wimmens love to make sammiches

But can't program html

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    ? ?

Alt 0176

Dammit .. never noticed that before.

Dems fightin words San Franny..
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I think you have to use the exponent function for that, which is available only if you use Go Advanced reply.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I think you have to use the exponent function for that, which is available only if you use Go Advanced reply.

(KLD)
    Yes you do. In the example below, I followed your suggestion "KLD" (the other moderator was less than helpful). I selected "Go Advanced," then the superscript, typed 75 and option/shift "8." You can see the result. Thanks for your suggestion.

I also notice if you copy something from an article on the internet and paste it into a post, and if that copy has special characters you get question marks instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Dems fightin words San Franny..
    Bah, moved out of the city, too many smelly hippies. Down in the silly con valley now. Oh and KLD has it wrong, there is a way to put any special character in the text for example one for prescriptions:

Or one you would like
    ℠ (because I know you are fond of service marks).

Blog Entries
    I?ve been having text encoding issues for a little while now. Maybe a couple/few weeks.

Quotes and apostrophes aren?t being converted correctly at post time. I can go back and edit them in, and they show up fine during preview, but during the initial post encoding they?re not being recognized and are being replaced with question mark (normal for encoding error).

I don?t know if something changed in the character set of iOS, which recently updated to v11, or what, but it?s annoying.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Try pasting in as plain text or I gues on a mac it's "match style". It a problem with the character encoding

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I?ve been having text encoding issues for a little while now. Maybe a couple/few weeks.

Quotes and apostrophes aren?t being converted correctly at post time. I can go back and edit them in, and they show up fine during preview, but during the initial post encoding they?re not being recognized and are being replaced with question mark (normal for encoding error).

I don?t know if something changed in the character set of iOS, which recently updated to v11, or what, but it?s annoying.