Thread: Disney World Trip - Looking for Website that details ride accessibility

Disney World Trip - Looking for Website that details ride accessibility

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Disney World this coming summer. And so, I have just begun the arduous research into everything accessibility regarding the trip. I was there maybe four years ago and utilized an absolutely tremendous website that detailed every single ride in the parks and how difficult the transfer was from the wheelchair. But, alas, now I can't seem to find it. I've pored over my Google searches and come up empty handed. I can't remember if it was Mouse on wheels ??? or something like that. If anyone has some helpful information I would really appreciate it. I see that Disney details which rides you can ride on in your wheelchair and which ones you have to transfer onto. That is helpful, but I was really hoping to read information from someone who's giving advice from a wheelchair perspective.

I live in Orlando and I've been to Disney on many occasions. Is there something specific you need to know? I'm not sure I'll know the answer but waht the heck.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tarantella View Post
    Hello,

I am planning a trip to Disney World this coming summer. And so, I have just begun the arduous research into everything accessibility regarding the trip. I was there maybe four years ago and utilized an absolutely tremendous website that detailed every single ride in the parks and how difficult the transfer was from the wheelchair. But, alas, now I can't seem to find it. I've pored over my Google searches and come up empty handed. I can't remember if it was Mouse on wheels ??? or something like that. If anyone has some helpful information I would really appreciate it. I see that Disney details which rides you can ride on in your wheelchair and which ones you have to transfer onto. That is helpful, but I was really hoping to read information from someone who's giving advice from a wheelchair perspective.
    Dont over think it I think Disney World is one of the most accessible vacation spots.

Also if you stay on a disney property you have access to their shuttle system that will take you all over for no charge!

https://www.disboards.com/forums/disabilities.20/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu...-disabilities/