Thread: Colostomy stoma area burning feeling

Colostomy stoma area burning feeling

I have had a colostomy since 2012 and this is the first time I have had this burning feeling. Any ideas why? And what to do?

Have you inspected the stoma and surrounding skin area to see if the appearance has changed? If the color and surface of the stoma is changed, you need to call your physician. Otherwise, recommend contacting your stoma therapy nurse (CWOCN) to see if they can help trouble-shoot what is going on.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

when i get that burning or itching as i describe it feeling it usually means i need to change my appliance or there is some irritation under the wafer
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

It was the first time I felt like that. But as the day went on I started to feel better. I think it was bottled up gas.