Thread: Apply lotion and sweat like a waterfall

Apply lotion and sweat like a waterfall

Does anybody have a clue why this is happening. Everytime I'm washed, not showered and skin lotion is applied my forehead pours with sweat. This only happens when applied to my nuts and butt. Also tried three different lotions.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Does the same happen when you're getting soaped up there as well?

Sensitivity to a lotion ingredient?

Try pure shea butter, maybe.

What is your blood pressure when you are sweating/getting lotioned up? The stimulation might be causing AD.

CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    Does the same happen when you're getting soaped up there as well?

Sensitivity to a lotion ingredient?

Try pure shea butter, maybe.
    No if I'm gently washed no AD. But after that if they blob on the lotion I sweat a lot. Sad to say but these CNA's think they know best. At least I got them down to washing me once a day instead of three.
    Bob Seger

You mean washing you once a day versus once every three days or three times a day?

I'd try something pure like shea butter or coconut oil to see if it is an ingredient in the lotions.

It could be an allergic reaction to the lotion. I would try something different and try to avoid that area. I know they think they know what is best, but for you it doesn't sound like it is.
    ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by scott c4/5 View Post
    you mean washing you once a day versus once every three days or three times a day?

I'd try something pure like shea butter or coconut oil to see if it is an ingredient in the lotions.
    yes they started bed baths 3x a day in june. Getting home soon and getting "my" life back.

Three lotions I've used. FOR NOW ON I'M TELLING THEM I NEED TO SEE HOW MUCH THEIR PUTTING ON.

Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion
    CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
    Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
    Last edited by tvot; 11-02-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by tvot View Post
    yes they started bed baths 3x a day in june. Getting home soon and getting "my" life back.

Three lotions I've used. FOR NOW ON I'M TELLING THEM I NEED TO SEE HOW MUCH THEIR PUTTING ON.

Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion
    CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
    Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
    Those have similar ingredients, including alcohol. Something pure would allow you to see if its an irritant. They know to not to squeeze the Charmin, don't they?

You might take advantage of the situation and say your penis skin is really, really dry.

Quote Originally Posted by tvot View Post
    yes they started bed baths 3x a day in june.
    Bed baths three times a day????!!!!! Why?? If just a partial bath (ie, face/pits/peri) between bath days this might be justified twice daily, but 3X seems excessive, and certainly for a total body bed bath. This can excessively dry your skin (which is probably why they think they need to use lotion). Lotion does not protect from pressure injuries at all, if that is their rationale for its use, either.

Have you discussed this issue with the head nurse (RN), not just the aides???

It is within your rights to refuse to have lotion applied at all.

(KLD)