Thread: Is there such a thing as a SCI with Seasonal Paralysis that comes and goes?

Question Is there such a thing as a SCI with Seasonal Paralysis that comes and goes?

I don?t know what the heck is wrong with me but it seems like almost every fall around this time I lose the slight movement in my thumb. After a few days it always comes back. I am totally baffled by this. I do notice that I do get a flu shot around this time every year. I am not sure if it?s related. I saw a neurosurgeon 6 years ago about this & he checked for Syrinx which I have had for many years, but he does not want to operate unless it?s really serious. He wanted me to get an EMG when it occurs but its not reasonable because usually the return comes back before I can get an appointment and going to the ER like he recommends for the test is not practical. Still scares me that one of these times my thumb movement will not return. Is there such a thing as seasonal paralysis?

I first posted about this in 2010. I found my old thread here.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...Thumb-Movement
    Last edited by Norm; 11-01-2017 at 12:02 AM.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Not SCI that I know of.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

My spaz is temperature sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post
    My spaz is temperature sensitive.
    I could be a weather forecaster my tone . pain and hyper sensitivity go sky high b4 storms etc and worse in fall and winter

I do notice that my legs are more 'pins and needle-ly' during vast temp changes like Spring and Fall. My shoulders let me know when it's going to rain. lol
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

i too notice my spasticity also gets worse around season changes. especially fall and spring time.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009