Thread: Used Ford Van

Used Ford Van

I sometimes look at the Sovereign Auto website as they have some reasonably priced classic cars. They also often have used wheelchair vans. I saw one today that might be a bargain. It is located at their Flushing Mi location. It is a 92 full sized Ford van with (I believe) around 75,000 miles. It has a platform lift, hand controls and 6 way power seat. There are many photos on the site (www.sovereignauto.com). Could be a bargain, selling for 8,500.00. Go to the complete inventory page and it's at the bottom of the Ford page. If you get interested you would probably want a mechanic or at least a shade tree mechanic assess it. When I was a rehab counselor we would pay nearby auto repair people to do vehicle inspections before we would get involved in a purchase.

I just bought a 2008 truck did that but I am sick they at mobility said some issues a little rust not tht bad a few other things bought it took to my shop that I use at home I am sick they have never seen so much rust I am ..

don.t know what else I could have done

Sorry about your situation. We used to use standard forms which probably would have caused rust issues to be caught.

My first was a 91 Ford. It had 70,000 + miles. I put another 30,000. In 5 years. I had to have the AC rebuilt twice. It cost a bunch and I did find out it was normal for warm areas that don't need heat alot in winter. I had a man block me from a turn lane and it was totaled. My second was an 01 Ford that had 55,000 on it. I used to drive a lot, but 3 years ago I backed off a lot. I now have over 140,000 on it & using a synthetic oil. I still get over 4,000 per quart. I have had ONLY a bad fuel pump and 2 alternater's in over 85,000 miles. Yes it has been an outside vehicle it's whole life but I do not have a rust problem... I put wind blockers on the door windows so I can leave an inch to let heat out but no water in. I am happy and think I am going to keep it a while longer....

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I just bought a 2008 truck did that but I am sick they at mobility said some issues a little rust not tht bad a few other things bought it took to my shop that I use at home I am sick they have never seen so much rust I am ..

don.t know what else I could have done
    but it runs like a top but I am selling to hard to transfer dealer with boom be find a para maybe a younger quad but.....

What are you worried about? Is it leaking water into the cabin? I didn't see any water damage. There is some surface rust on the undercarriage, but those pictures show no damage. I would not worry. I would not sell.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    What are you worried about? Is it leaking water into the cabin? I didn't see any water damage. There is some surface rust on the undercarriage, but those pictures show no damage. I would not worry. I would not sell.
    which one are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    which one are you talking about
    Opps, I looked at the van in the first post (92 full sized Ford van with around 75,000 miles. It has a platform lift, hand controls and 6 way power seat.) I got it confused with yours. But my comments apply. How much rust are you talking about? Is it comparable to the Ford? Is the paint blistered from rust? Are there water stains around the insides of the windows? Are the floorboards showing damage? A little water at the door sill wells is common and not much worry unless the metal is corroding badly.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.